Aria quilt top

I had a finished quilt to show you last week, but my computer crashed and took with it all the photos I had taken of said quilt (and all the photos from Henry’s first year – ah!). Luckily, Morgan was able to recover most (all?) of them and has replaced the hard drive in my computer, so I’m now sorta back in business. Except that now all my older photos are all stored on some other drive somewhere and I haven’t taken the time to try to find them yet. So instead, a few photos of this new quilt top I made last week (largely unedited, as I seem to have also lost my copy of photoshop…)

Those nice people at Windham Fabrics occasionally send me new fabrics to play with (thank you!!), and I had received this lovely bundle of Aria by Kelly Ventura.

I love Kelly’s work and have one of her watercolor prints framed in our bathroom, so I was excited to take a closer look at her second collection for Windham.

I initially partially unfolded the fat quarters and pinned them to my design wall to look at all the prints together. The more I looked at it, the more I liked the simple way they were pinned to the board, and when Morgan came home from work that night, he said the same thing, so I decided to just sew them together as they were (how’s that for nice and easy?!)

They’re all cut in 4″ strips and paired with a Robert Kaufmann chambray for the background solid. I staggered the strips randomly as I sewed them together and then just trimmed the top and bottom. I really like how it turned out! Sometimes quick and simple is just what you need.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Aria quilt top

Anne-Mette says:

I really like your quilttop. You write “simple” … yes, but it looks great.

Lovely quilt. There is nothing wrong with quick and simple either. You let the fabric just speak to you and it’s great!

Linda says:

Lovely quilt, and such a beautiful backdrop. I’m so sorry to hear about your computer woes. Losing Henry’s first year pictures is the worst. It must be heartbreaking. I had something similar happen to me. One of my sons used to live with me. When he left, he took ALL of my pictures, that went back for 42 years, with him. He did it out of spite. Hopefully, you will get most, if not all, of them back. I’m glad you didn’t lose Max and Hazel’s pics, too.

xo Linda

Robby says:

Lovely fabric, and you’ve shown it off nicely. Hope the end results of the computer episode is that nothing important or treasured is seriously lost.

A. Bouwman says:

It is a lovely quilt, easy but looking great. Greetings

Pam Arbour says:

I am always amazed at how the simplest patterns can turn out to be so striking. I love it.

M Elsey says:

Wswslove how simply the quilt is, I hope you don’t mind if I use your idea. It would make a great quilt backing as I like to piece the back so it is like having two for one or a reversable quilt

M Elsey says:

Sorry my iPad is acting up, meant I love how simple quilts look so great

Rosemary Bolton says:

I love it, Ashley.
    (I do not always comment bc I am doing 6 things at the same time)
    Everything you make is fun and lovely

janequiltsslowly says:

Lovely fabrics! I like this simple way of showing off the prints.

Hope your computer woes are finished.

Ioleen says:

Lovely! Quick and easy quilt when you need one in a hurry.