pale pink patchwork

palepinkpatchwork

Thanks for all the lovely comments and congratulations on our baby news! We’re excited to be having another, and hope that Max will be happy to have a sister (the jury’s still out at the moment!).

palepinkpatchwork2

I’ve been having fun pulling out some of my pink fabrics to sew up a few things for the new baby. First up? A quilt out of those pretty peachy prints I used for a pillow cover recently. I loved the combination so much that I cut up the few remaining pieces I had.

palepinkpatchwork3

There wasn’t enough for an entire patchwork baby quilt, so I surrounded the patchwork section with some flax colored linen and a few remaining printed pieces.

qct

Of course I also had to make up a few pairs of quick change trousers (from Anna Maria Horner’s book)… pink pigs, and some fun Nani Iro, complete with metallic silver dots. Max has gone through quite a few pairs of QCTs, so I’m quite certain we’ll get lots of use out of these.

bibsandpants

And another item that’s been getting lots of use around here – bibs! I like the pattern from Lotta Jansdotter’s Simple Sewing for Baby, though I enlarge it just a bit overall. These are backed with organic terrycloth and quilted with some straight lines.

Even though many of the things I made for Max are still useable, it’s fun to add a few new pieces to the mix! I’m looking forward to making up a few dresses – any favorite baby patterns? I have a few Oliver + S patterns (I can’t currently find them, but I know I have them somewhere!) and I think I’m going to need Rae’s Pierrot Tunic and Geranium Dress for sure. Would love to hear your favorites if you have any!

This entry was posted in baby, Clothing, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to pale pink patchwork

Anna says:

Gorgeous! I love the peach and text prints mixed…great comgo.

Vickie says:

Love it! Pink is my favorite color. You have made such fun things. =)

Kim says:

Hooray! I have a boy and girl (23 mos apart) and it is so fun! They will be great friends! I love that my son can’t even remember not having his sister. :) I have made lots of skirts for my daughter! Oliver + S has a free tutorial that is SUPER easy. And don’t forget, little girls need doll quilts! I have made lots of those!

Marika says:

This quilt is so gorgeous ! What a lucky baby girl :)

One pattern I tried recently is the Zephyr Romper by Figgy’s Pattern. It’s the cutest little thing ever ! The Ice Cream Dress from Oliver + S is cute too !

Penny G says:

Everything is gorgeous. The jury will be out on the new sister until they hit about 18 years old and realize that all the bad is outweighed by the good.

Pat says:

How fun. I can tell you are so excited. Congratulations.

Jenny says:

Gasp! That was a real gasp, for that beautiful quilt. Oh my word. That quilt is unbelievably gorgeous. Is it wrong to already be excited for how the room will look? I just loved your peek into Max’s room.

Jennifer says:

Sewing for little ones is fun, across the board, but sewing little dresses is especially so! I have made quite a few for my youngest (now 4 years old) and have to say that some of my favourites (and my daughter’s, incidentally) are Patty Young’s ModKids patterns. My versions look quite different from the ones on her pattern covers simply because of my fabric choices — but her dress patterns are really fun and easy and well-written (and she includes a wide range of sizes in one pattern) I am particularly fond of “Frida” and “Gretchen.” Congratulations again! xx

OMG!!! baby things are just too cute!!!!! I love Oliver and S patterns, for babies it seems that the Bubble dress is a good choice as it is the pattern with the smallest size, but they have oh so many wonderful options! I too live to make the QCTs and the Simple Sewing Bibs can’t wait to see what you make :)

Mindy Carlson says:

When you say “flax colored linen” is this some kind of special quilters linen? I’m new to quilting, and troubled by how to work a quilt into my (pretty formal) decor. Linen would go a long way, here.

Lora says:

I love the colors and fabrics in the quilt! It’s so beautiful!

That pale pink quilt is exquisite. Just the right delicate-yet-sturdy tone balance. Beautiful design. Enjoy!

Erica says:

i adore this quilt! When I saw the pillow you made, I thought it would make a great quilt:) Congratulations on your new baby girl!

Therese says:

Congrats!! Girls are so fun! I’ve had this patterned saved on Pinterest for a while. I haven’t made it yet for my little girl, but I have a feeling I will want to when it starts getting warmer out! Looks adorable and easy! http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/05/kids-clothes-week-round-one.html

Anne says:

Butterick 5625 – the top with the snap/button shoulders that cross in the back has been a staple for 50 years – and fits every shaped little girl! Have fun.

Elle says:

What a fabulous quilt! I am dying to know where you get organic terry cloth that makes you happy…I have been struggling to find decent terry cloth (so far, I’ve bought Joann’s), but I want to make a ton of terry cloth and flannel hooded towels, bibs, etc., and I’d like high quality terry!

Carla says:

So beautiful!!

Love it x

Michelle says:

I love the sewing and knitting patterns by Citronille (citronille.fr). There are a few in English, but most are in French. I don’t think it’s a big problem as they’re simple designs – so far I haven’t encountered anything Google Translator couldn’t handle.
    I have a 14-mo. old son and I’ve so admired not just your creativity, but your productivity – how do you manage to make so much with a baby, then toddler around??

Jenniffier says:

Congrats on the new little one. The quilt top is fab!

Judy Blinkenberg says:

Love, love, love that quilt!! Great colors.

pilar says:

para que no le falte ninguna felicitacion aqui esta la mia desde España
    ¡¡MUCHAS FELICITACIONES A LA MAMA Y AL PAPA ¡¡¡. PILAR .

Jayne says:

Love that peachy quilt and the little pants. Congratulations!!!!

Kate Erbach says:

Ashley, I noticed a gingko leaf print in your latest quilt top. Can you tell me where it is from, or the designer? Gingko leaves are one of my very favorite things and this looks perfect. Any help is much appreciated.

Congratulations are your soon to be addition. I think little Max will grow to love her quickly.

Tonya Albers says:

Congrats! Love all the adorable stuff you made & looking forward to seeing what else you come up with :). I have to ask what the fabrics are that you used for the bibs – I am in love!! :)

katie says:

Oh I miss those kinda clothes!

karen says:

So sweet!!! I’m with Katie, I miss those sweet little handmades on my girls!! Enjoy…….

Cindy says:

Love the colors of your quilt! And the other baby items are adorable! You must be having a ball!!:)

Amelia says:

That is so beautiful. I adore that ginkgo print. Where do you buy your linen? I have run out of the linen in my stash and I am having trouble finding it online. Thanks so much, Amelia.

Dawn says:

Love those quick change trousers. Congrats on baby news! We were happy with two healthy babies but have always enjoyed having a boy and a girl.

Your quilt top is just lovely! I like the low volume look :-)

Shari says:

No girls for me but I’ve loved Oliver+S Ice Cream Dress. My sister manages to use it as dress one season, then has a tunic the next two seasons. Lots of fantastic versions on Flickr.

Terri says:

Congrats on the baby news! I love the brightly colored bibs and pants…so cute!

Franziska says:

the jury will be out for a long time. And the opinion will change. That’s the way it is here. My daughter is sweet with her brother and caring and the next second she is a little beast. :) Hopefully Max likes his sister. :)

pam says:

LOVE the pale pink patchwork!!!

35. Pingback: FITF: peachy patchwork | Film in the Fridge

Nancy says:

Wonderful news that you are having a girl. The petal dress! I think you can still get the pattern from Nancy’s Notions. Bodice is like a sleeveless jumper top w/ buttons and skirt is flower petals. So cute! I made two for my granddaughter. I think she has grown out of them by now. N