Friday fabric stack #7

(those yellows are hard to photograph! they do look better in person!)

Some peacock blues this week, to pair with that lovely Liberty of London feather print, and a bit of the greenish yellow I’m so fond of these days. I can’t decide if I should add in some lighter neutral or if I should just stick with these two colors… thoughts?

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Friday fabric stack #7

Marika says:

You always make me want to start new quilts with those stack of fabric !! And I say stick with those :)

Terri says:

A real dark navy in small doses would make a nice accent.

Anna says:

I love those colors. Since you have so many solids in that stack, I would say skip the neutrals. To me, solids are just as good for “letting the eye rest” as a neutral is.

Ashley says:

Love these colours. You put together the most tempting stacks.

Nicole says:

I love those colours, some neutrals to break it up always looks good. I love your quilts and you’ve inspired me to start quilting!

megan w says:

i love these as-is. so pretty. clean, simple and vibrant. these actually remind me of summers we’d spend camping as kids. we’d play down by the river {the blues} collecting salamanders {the yellow-greens}.

This stack is gorgeous! One of the more inspiring ones I’ve seen lately. I think it’s perfect as is, and neutrals might just dilute out the story you have working here.

Maureen Misasi says:

Absolutely add in something light, maybe even white, to make that wonderful blue pop out.

Jona says:

Those are perfect. I made a blouse out of that Liberty peacock print and it’s one of my favorites (so soft).

Love those colors! You could add some neutrals, depending on the pattern, but I definitely don’t think it is necessary. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for these fabrics!

CitricSugar says:

I like them as is but if you decide to add a neutral, what about a darker one instead of light?

Sandra Hubley says:

Nice selection. Wonder what there is for complimentary fabrics from Liberty. maybe a touch of something with that little line of peachy/red colour that’s in the feathers. Just so that doesn’t get “lost”.

Suzanne says:

LOVE these colors as is, I would not add a neutral…BUT, depending on the design you end up doing, just a splash of eggplant might give your quilt a nice zing.

Rachel says:

I love it how it is. That liberty print is probably my fave of all time. I have a little bit of it in the quilt on my bed and it’s just so gorgeous <3<3<3

EricaB says:

I would add in a light gray – I’m partial to Kona Ash.

Kate Erbach says:

Is that a rusty red on the feathers? Or a burnt orange? Just for some little splashes that you are so good at.

carolaj says:

I think the group is fine. If anything I would go one very dark blue, but nothing lighter. I just love yellow/greens.

Melissa says:

Hi Ashley, I’ve been reading your blog for at least a year now, maybe 2, and I’ve noticed that you don’t reply to comments and I’m wondering where the best place to ask you questions would be? I am specifically looking to ask you what resources/books you might have used to get started with quilt making. And I’m also looking for perhaps a tutorial on how you usually make your binding and tips for sewing it on (whether you pin it, clip it, or whatnot). If you know of a good book for that it would be helpful too. Thanks from a fellow Vermonter ;o)

Paula says:

Love, love the colors…a rich cream would be pretty if you need a neutral.

Renee says:

Love that colour combination.
    Ren