a friday fabric stack

Took a little break from quilting to pull out this stack of fabrics – a little Liberty, some Lizzy House, some Laurie Wisbrun, a little Denyse, a bit of Erin Morris… all favorites! I don’t know if it will become a quilt or not, but I do always have fun selecting, stacking and photographing them!

(Now back to quilting! I’m practicing Elizabeth’s Dogwood quilting pattern for the next quilt. Right now it’s looking kind of messy, so hopefully I can improve enough with this practice to actually use it for a quilt!)

Update: the finished quilt can be found here – baby spring triangle quilt

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to a friday fabric stack

Milly says:

I love oh fransson blog, but her dogwood patterm can be created much more easily by simply stitching overlapping semi-circles accross the quilt. After a few rows the ‘ dogwood’ pattern appears.

Love your work! Happy quilting.

Jaclyn says:

For whatever reason, I’ve been seriously lusting after aqua, green, and gray quilts lately … I’m hoping to make my own later this summer. This is a wonderful combination of fabrics!

Kar says:

Very fine choices that would make a pretty quilt. Love the blues and greens.

Beth Ellen says:

Great fabric combo–those greens always catch my eye, especially lately.

Jocelyn says:

I have a lot of difficulty maintaining a consistent semi-circle using a darning foot. So I use my walking foot and get the same effect. Foolproof Machine Quilting by Mary Mashuta was a great resource.

oh my! Do I love that stack you’ve pulled! It will make a lovely quilt if you decide to make one. If you can’t decide what to do with it, you can always send that stack my way, and I could lovingly caress it for awhile!

Beautiful colour combo. I always struggle to find nice greens, but those are great.

My favorite color combo right now!!!!!

Janice says:

Such a pretty stack of fabric! It reminds me of sea glass. I love Elizabeth’s quilting. After seeing the link you posted and I even more eager to take her workshop at Quiltcon!

Penny G says:

Inspiring. I love your color choices. they are soothing and comforting in this case.

Lovely photograph! I have that same Liberty print you’re showing up top. It’s definitely worth making a stack of pretties to showcase it =)

LeAnn says:

Beautiful, beautiful fabrics! The color combo reminds me of a day at the lake on a partly cloudy day in Spring. Ahhh.

Allison says:

The fabrics in this stack look great together and especially the aquas! I just began quilting and collecting fabric about two months ago but your blog has really inspired me. I have hopes to create many quilts based upon your tutorials and I’ve looked through older posts to see the amazing things you always create.

Jayne says:

What a great idea, to just stack fabrics that you like together and then let your imagination go as what (if anything) to do with it :)

Lisa says:

I love these blues and greens.

caity says:

oh i just love blues, greens and greys – i just made a made in cherry quilt with these colours ! can’t wait to see what you do with them.

17. Pingback: FITF: baby spring triangle quilt | Film in the Fridge