bella, bella, bella!

Bella is… well… bella! Lotta Jansdotter’s second line for Windham, Bella, is a wonderful follow-up to her first collection, and in fact, the two play together quite nicely.

I received a lovely charm pack of this gorgeous line from the kind folks at Windham, and immediately wanted to make a quilt. I pulled out some Echo, thinking I’d combine both lines, but then ultimately decided to just focus on the new Bella prints. I doodled this little design one evening – I used a bit of this type of design on a really old quilt back (on an aqua background even!), and thought it would be fun to play with it again.

[I didn't use a pattern on this one, but Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew has a great pattern in case you're looking for something similar.]

It looks like I may be a bit obsessed with this patchwork-type background, as I think this is now the third quilt (in a row, even!) I’ve shown with a similar look. This time? Shades of aqua. I had a lot in my stash, along with just a few aqua print basics. There might not be quite enough contrast in this one – the white surrounding the Bella squares seems to blend in with the light aqua – so next time I’d like to try it with a neutral background and maybe a dark green, gray, blue? solid around the prints. Add it to the list…

Anyway, I love these new prints and look forward to adding some to my stash in August!

We lucked out with a beautiful spring day over the weekend. We spent a little time at the waterfront, mainly for this photoshoot, but of course we also took time to enjoy the flowers!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to bella, bella, bella!

carla says:

Beautiful as usual : ) I have some of her fabrics coming any day now. Looking forward to it. Such a cute little man!

Jenn says:

Love the patchwork background! What great inspiration for my next quilt :)

Just beautiful! I am amazed and in awe at how much sewing you get done Ashley. Could you please do a post on how you manage all you have to do as a working mom plus get all this sewing in?

elsa says:

Nice fabric! Love Lotta Jansdotter’s style and design ~ looking forward to seeing the new line in person!
    And, look at Max ~ he’s growing up so fast!

Ruth says:

just gorgeous! i can’t WAIT for this line!!!

Freddie says:

Luckily that fabric is not out till August. That gives me a few paydays :-)

Alli says:

That’s just gorgeous! I love your quilt; especially the chopped up aqua background! I wants to steal it… ;D

sewkatiedid says:

my favorite colors! love the improvness of it, not sure if that’s a word.

Franandrosie says:

Beautiful fabrics! Would love to get some one day, the quilt looks great.

Gorgeous! The aqua background is perfect with Bella and I love the improv look of it!

Hazle says:

Always you produce the most wonderful quilts, and I am amazed, how you find the time, and how you are so consistently innovative in your quilt making. It *is* bella, bella, bella!

Hazle

Allison says:

I love the blues! Great color combos

Cindy says:

Love these colors- makes me think of summer!! And Max…precious as always!!:)

Luisa says:

Si e bellisima! Which means in Italian it’s absolutely beautiful.

Jenny says:

Whoa whoa whoa. That’s a little boy in the last photograph! Where did your baby go? I mean, I saw the mosaic, but still.

what a great way to showcase those fabrics!

Linda says:

So beautiful! And the quilt isn’t bad, either… 8-). Your quilt is lovely, as always. It looks like it was a very beautiful day. I’m glad you three had fun.

xo Linda

I love this quilt. The little guy is quite handsome too!

Alyssa says:

I really love Echo and Bella, added to my wish list. Very nice job showing such great fabrics off!

21. Pingback: FITF: taking stock… | Film in the Fridge

22. Pingback: FITF: bella, bella, bella quilt | Film in the Fridge

Cindy Nelson says:

The pic of Max and azealas took my breathe away, enjoy that baby…