knit baby pants

My latest knitting project —

teeny tiny knit baby pants!

I used this free pattern, and they were surprisingly easy to knit (even for someone like me who still has to look up each knitting abbreviation online!)

I’d love to make a couple more, but first, back to my Christmas presents… Anyone else waiting until the last minute and doing their shopping this weekend?!

This entry was posted in baby and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to knit baby pants

Kate says:

Love these Ash! I got your message….promise to write back soon. So excited for you!

Rachel Leavitt says:

Oh my gosh! I’ll pay you to make a pair for my little one arriving in May! They are to die for!

Kathleen15 says:

O your little pants are sooo cute!

Last minute shopping??? And how! *grin* We have my husband’s family Christmas on Sunday and I’m still short on a few gifts…making and purchasing. So much for planning ahead! Love the knit pants — I had a good laugh over the abbreviations. I have a cheat sheet that I printed out because I was forever googling this or that. I’m not an accomplished knitter by any stretch of the imagination, but I am dogged. *grin*

Carla says:

Those, quite possibly, are the cutest little pants I have ever seen!

Anita says:

I still have a few more presents to pick up and here in northern California we are having our biggest storm of the season….

I didn’t know this weekend was considered last minute. :)

Casey says:

eeee! those are just the cutest!

Megan says:

Another project for me to add to my Ravelry que! So cute!

WendyLou says:

Oh! Those tiny pants are killing me!! I thought I was mostly finished with shopping – just waiting for one toy to be transferred to our local store. BUT! The kids reminded me that they still need to shop for each other … four separate shopping trips … ugh! But they have very thoughtfully composed their lists – the four year old thinks his 12 year old sister needs a tiara and a new dress. So sweet!!

Oh, those are so adorable! I’m totally impressed that you can do that as a new knitter. You give me hope =)

Jo says:

I had those on my ‘to knit’ list when I was pregnant with number one, maybe I’ll finally get round to them before number two child emerges!

I am just loving your knitting projects….

mo says:

Those are the sweetest little pants! I love your stocking from your recent post too. So sweet to have that reminder that he will be here before you know it!

Emmmylizzzy says:

Oh em gee, these are so cute! Sadly, me and knitting don’t get along too well. I’m more of a crochet gal. But I hear you on the Christmas shopping – eeks! Soooo far behind!!!

Sarah C. says:

I am shopping this weekend because my husband cannot come up with a single thing he wants, and there’s not a whole lot he needs! But it’s crunch time and he can’t be package-less under the tree next Saturday!

sandra says:

best little pants I’ve seen. Well done.

Adorable! And your newborn will be even smaller than that, if you can imagine! I remember tiny booties that I knitted for my baby. When she was born, even those impossibly small booties were too big. I was amazed! Luckily they grow quickly.

Stephanie says:

Oh my gosh! Those are the cutest little pants I’ve ever seen. I have been following all of your baby projects – I’m expecting in early June! I haven’t made anything yet – stuck in a land of indecision! I think I will definitely be making these teeny tiny pants though. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

And, I will be doing last minute Christmas shopping all week long. Yay!

Laura Baker says:

Too too cute. I have a new grandchild coming, I will have to make a few pairs of these. Thanks for posting the pics.

Tamara says:

these are adorable! i have a friend who just had a baby…i wish i knew how to knit!

Fran says:

Merry Christmas, Ashley. Thank you for keeping us inspired, entertained and in awe all year. All the best in 2011.

Erin Waters says:

Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest thing I have ever seen! So tiny! Every time I see someone post such cute knitted things I SOOO wish I could knit.

Holly Gage says:

These are wonderful, they look great. I’m so tempted to make them but I have twins and live in Singapore. I am going to the UK for two weeks so I do have a good excuse to make them, but very little time left.

28. Pingback: And The Knitting Project Backlog Grows Ever Longer | The Magpie

29. Pingback: Baby pants | FilDaily

Samantha says:

Olá! Achei seu trabalho lindo e fiz uma calça de bebê inspirado na sua! Obrigada por compartilhar tanta coisa linda!

Beijos do Brasil!

Hello! I found your beautiful work and made a pair of baby inspired by her! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful thing!

Kisses from Brazil!