a book winner (and other news)

Thanks for all the great comments about mini quilts! And now for the winner…

Picture 1

#272 is GreenStyleMom! Congrats! Look for an email from me soon…

___

I don’t want the random integer generator image to be the only one in this post, so I snagged this cheery, sunny photo from the latest Nido newsletter. (I want to move right into this shop – so cute!)

film_in_the_fridge_quilts

(photo by Phiona of Nido – showing one of my Little Folks patchwork quilts, the Unfurnished baby quilt, and a quilt from the Hope Valley series)

Phiona has a few of my quilts hanging in this shop this month, and I must say, it’s fun to go in and see them there! She’s put together FQ bundles of the fabrics used in those quilts so you can just grab a bundle and be on your way to creating something similar! If you’re in the Burlington, VT area, or if you might be coming in for the Vermont Quilt Festival at the end of this month, be sure to stop by and check out this great little shop!

___

Oh! other good news is that the Unfurnished quilt pattern is finished and is available for download here on the Robert Kaufman site. The pattern was written by Heidi Pridemore of The Whimsical Workshop. I hope you’ll let me know if you give it a try!

urban-circus-grassurban-circus-sherbet

And speaking of Laurie and her fabulous fabrics, she has more great news for you — new fabrics! Robert Kaufman has picked up several designs from Laurie’s Urban Circus line and it will be available at the end of the summer. There are two new colorways, and in order to get ready, she’s marked down the existing two colorways (shown above). Head over here if you want to snag some in either of the original colors. She’ll be taking orders up until June 27th.

Hope you all have great weekends!

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to a book winner (and other news)

whitney says:

oh my! such fun stuff today! i love your quilts hanging in nido. i think i may have to make a trip in just to see them in person. a cute store made even cuter by your creations? yes, please.

Heathir says:

This store is in Burlington? How did I not know this? (I’m just over the bridge in NY) And how quickly can I plan a trip there?

How about a post on what other great quilty shops are lurking in the Burlington area?

leigh says:

yippee! i’m so excited about the new pattern. thanks :)

erin says:

yay!!! i’ve been really excited about this pattern. i’m getting so tired of the same ‘ole, same ‘ole that i keep doing. yay for something new and fresh!

Paige says:

Yippee! I’ve been waiting for that pattern! Thanks!

Valerie in CS says:

Thanks for the heads up on the pattern’s availability. I’ve been waiting…checking…waiting…checking…ever so patiently!

Amber says:

Your quilts look absolutely gorgeous! That looks like a very fun shop!

Sequana says:

Just today I’m beginning that Unfurnished pattern in the cooler colors as a donation to an auction for a chimp sanctuary out in WA state. *S* You could say I’m just monkeyin’ around with it. I was so happy to see that pattern online.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Terri says:

Congrats to your winner! How fun to see your hanging in that shop. Thanks for pointing us to Laurie’s circus fabrics – love them!

Elizabeth says:

Your quilts are so special Ashley! You are truly blessed with a gift. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

kerry says:

I just loved this pattern, I was wanting to make something like this based on a dolls house roof tile wonky pattern and didn’t know how it could work but when I saw this it was just right- Thank you!

Lisa says:

I was down from Montreal to Burlington this weekend for a girls weekend away and checked out this store and saw your quilts. They are truly inspirational. Just wonderful.