still dreaming of spring…

There’s a lot of red and pink everywhere these days, but I’m still over here dreaming of Spring … and pulling out all my spring-colored fabrics (as if that will hurry Spring along!)

Remember these fabrics?

scarletfig2

They’re designed by Laurie Wisbrun of Scarlet Fig. You all know how much I love her designs. And I’m happy that Laurie was thinking of Spring too – these prints, especially in this colorway, are so spring-y and fun. Here’s a little peek at the quilt I’m working on using these prints, some other coordinating prints, and lots of solids…

spring-quilt

Recently I also succumbed and purchased some of Jessica Levitt’s prints from her new line, Timber. This is the Breeze colorway — I’m really liking those pale blues and greens… plus, her designs are really fun!

timber

(purchased from Hawthorne Threads)

And lastly, here’s the start of another spring colored pairing – a little linen, a Carolyn Gavin print, an Anna Maria Horner voile print, and some brighter solids. I don’t know if it will ever turn into anything, but as always, it’s fun to look at!

spring-linen

Hope you have a happy weekend and a happy Valentine’s Day!

__
Oh, and in case you feel like doing a little shopping for yourself this weekend, here are a couple sales:

15% off at Canton Village Quilt Works – Jackie has lots of Kona and some great Essex cotton/linen blends. Use coupon code love15. (good through 2/15)

10% off at Fabricworm with coupon code Pres10. (good until 2/16)

10% off at Sew Mama Sew with coupon code TRUELOVE10FEB. Plus, they’re still offering a flat $5 shipping rate, which gets me every time!  (good through Monday, 2/15)

10% off at Pink Chalk Fabrics with coupon code LOVE. (good through Friday, 2/19).

Feel free to add any other great sales or coupon codes below!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to still dreaming of spring…

Whitney says:

Ahh, spring. Can’t wait to see what you make with all these lovely fabrics!

aseemlylife says:

I love the spring colors too. I tend to go for the autumn colors in my home. I love making spring for others.

Leigh says:

I am dreaming for spring too. Thanks for the pick me up.

Leila says:

Beautiful fabric. I have been looking at the Timber collection to make quilts for my girls. One of them is 9 and doesn’t like pink anymore.

Mary says:

I hope spring comes soon for you! Those fabrics are yummy!

Barb says:

We don’t really get spring here… we go right into summer!

Molly says:

Awwww beautiful! Thanks for sales tip and the coupon code! I’m feeling like ordering some spring fabric now.

Trina says:

I just got the Wild Thyme fat quarter bundle. The green print you pictured last is the first one on the bundle. It is sitting next to me just begging to be put to use in a nice spring-y fashion!

Have you seen the “Plume” line by Tula Pink/Moda? We just got it in at the shop where I work, it is really cute!

aiche says:

Great lamb sillhouettes in the first bunch of fabric –the stance alone is an immediate call for the snow to melt.

Cristin says:

Oh yum! I also broke down and bought a FQ set of Jessica Levitt’s TIMBER, but in the Berry colorway. Such a great collection!

Leanne says:

I just got my Scarlett Fig fabric (one yard of EVERYTHING) in the mail yesterday – I love it so so much. Can’t wait to use it.

Terri says:

I have been trying so hard to resist dreaming of spring until March because it could be awhile in the upper Midwest. But your selection of fabrics was JUST what I needed to get the itch and start dreaming. I have not seen those Scarlet Fig fabrics, so I’ll have to have a looksy. I’m happy to see Jessica’s fabrics are finally available. Love your combo with the linen.

Bessiemae says:

LOVE. LOVE that quilt pattern! The fabric is darling too, but oh my, you’ve done it again with a fabulous design. When are you writing a book?

Rachel says:

I really like the look of that brick-inspired quilt you’re making. Can you give us the measurements of the blocks so we can make one like it? Or, maybe, (crossing fingers) a tutorial?!?!

Jackie says:

Love the fabric you picked, really fresh! Thanks for the mention on my sale!

Sarah says:

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to see that quilt, I love the rectangular blocks.

Erinn says:

Beautiful! Fabric Depot is having another crazy sale with their pre-cuts – 40% off. Go and get your Kaufman Kona solids!

Melanie says:

Sewing with some awesome spring fabrics right now! 15% off any order over $20 in my shop. http://aboveallfabric.com :-)

Kyla says:

Absolutely adorable and im sure it will turn into somthing…its practically spring here in Vermont. Can’t wait for the acually season

I love the designs here… so pastel… I love it…

Comment by: The Rookie Blogger

Great colors — the sun is shining here in the south and makes be want to tackle something with spring! Great site – thank you for sharing.

Heather says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you write a tutorial or measurements for that quilt in this post and please do you have any pattern for your Spots Everywhere quilt because I LOVE it sooo much and want to make something as similar as possible! PLEASE! I think you make the most amazing quilts!

Ruth says:

I also bought some of “Timber” and am so excited!

Rachel says:

Like I said above, that “spring” quilt design is perfect for my first quilt. Thought you might want to see how it is coming along: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29745380@N05/4415615958/

25. Pingback: Colorbrick for Blogger’s Quilt Festival « Stitched in Color