It’s done! The Quilted Amy Butler Bag

It’s done, it’s done! (and I love it!)

The initial part came together quite quickly, but then I did run into a few issues in completing it. (Note to self: follow a pattern next time!)

As previously posted, I used strips of Amy Butler Midwest Modern fabrics. I sewed all the strips together to form a large piece of fabric approximately the size of one side of the bag. Same with the second side, and then a separate piece to form a bottom for the bag.

I used some thick interfacing that I had left over from another project – 2 layers on each side for an extra thick feel. I then machine quilted these pieces, sewing vertical lines on the portion with the longer strips and horizontal lines on the section with the shorter strips.

For the lining, I opted for one of the prints used on the front – Fresh Poppies in Rose. I only had 1/2 a yard of that print, and pretty much used it all in making the lining. Of course I then decided I wanted an interior pocket, which I had to make using yet another fabric. I found some Martini Dot in Fuchsia, which matched the lining and created two pockets on one side.

And now I’m off to the store to test it out…

This entry was posted in Household Goods and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to It’s done! The Quilted Amy Butler Bag

  1. Pingback: » Echino Panther Dotty bag » fabric and photos

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *