goodbye 2013, hello 2014!

mosaic00ef2a5d485c6a9261c619ec783983d3d5c5769f

On this first day of the new year, I thought I ought to post a little mosaic of a few finished quilts from the last year. Despite losing my job, 2013 was a pretty good year around here. I made several quilts, but of course the best part of 2013 was Hazel joining our family. She’s such a joy, and a perfect addition to our family!

I’ll be spending some time today working on what I had thought would be my last quilt of 2013, but instead seems to be the first quilt of 2014 (these things take more time these days!). I hope you know how much I appreciate each and every one of you who stop by the blog to read my posts, and especially those who take the time to leave such nice comments – thank you, thank you! A very happy New Year to you all!!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to goodbye 2013, hello 2014!

Laura Baker says:

Thank you for sharing your talent and your beautiful family! You may have lost your job but you found your passion!

CJ says:

Glad you had a good year in 2013. The quilt mosaic is amazing. Wishing you and yours every happiness for the New Year.

Míša says:

Happy New Year to you too! And thank you for your beautiful work that you share here at your blog. It is always a good idea to stop here :-)

Dominique says:

All great projects, not to mention beautiful photography. Here’s to another creative year.

Helene Shannon says:

I never left you a comment. But I want you to know I look at your page/blog twice a week at least. Thank your for sharing your techniques, you tutorials, you daily life as a quilter and a Mom. May 2014 bring you the dream job…

Tamie says:

Happy new Year. Looking forward to what you share in the new year.

Jill says:

Happy new year to you, too. Your blog is always a delight to visit. I have used the wonky crosses several times this year…thank you for the ideas and inspiration!

Paige says:

Beautiful work to show for the past year and of course, sweet Hazel! Happy New Year!

Brittany says:

Such beautiful quilts!
    I look forward to seeing your new creations in 2014.
    By the way, the photography for each quilt is outstanding!
    Happy New Year!

Your work is so beautiful! Happy New Year!

Jen says:

Happy New Year Ashley! You have continued to inspire and amaze this year. Thank you!

Ann says:

Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! Works of art!

Britt-Inger says:

You give so much inspiration to me. And it is amazing so much that you have quilted and finished 2013.
    Warm hugs all over the ocean to you from me in Sweden

Fran says:

What a stunning mosaic! Hope you have a great year.

kitty says:

A very Happy New Year to you and your family, Ashley!! Thank you for sharing this impressive collection of your beautiful work and thank you for being such an inspiration! over the past years!! Hugs from Holland!!

Philippa Munro says:

Happy New Year Ashley. I really enjoy your blog and the excellent tutorials. I hope 2014 is a great year for you and your family

Kaesey says:

Happy New Year! What lovely quilts you’ve made. =) You’ve clearly made the best of your job-free time. I have to admit, though, that I think my favorite photos are the ones with Hazel modeling! She’s adorable.

I finished two quilts just in time for Christmas (http://kaesey.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/welcome-2014/) and am already planning more! Your gallery is inspiration.

Krista says:

At first I thought, that simple patchwork using AMH is my favorite, but then the wonky crosses with Glimma caught my eye. Then I thought, who doesn’t love Briar rose, then that awesome string diamond was my fav. I like the simplicity of the low volume crosses but in the end, it was the improv log cabins with Glimma – that quilt is AWESOME!
    I’ve got 3 kids and work full time so I’m trying not to be disappointed that I only finished 5 quilts this year. I gave them all away so it feels like I’ve got nothing to show for it. Then I remember that I helped both my daughters make their first quilts and those are precious to me, and we have those. Enjoy 2014 with Hazel. This life goes by SO fast!

Katja says:

I’m always flashed by how many and how beuatiful quilts you make! Thank you so much for sharing them with us and inspiring me so much. Happy new year! And please keep on quilting and showing quilts. Thanx!

lastminutelucie says:

wow. I almost don’t know what else to say, but I can’t wait to see what you do in 2014

Kelly Cline says:

I love your quilts! Have followed you before babies and now following you through life with babies. They sure do change the amount we can create, but it really is such a short time and before you know it, you’ll be creating heavily again. Enjoy this time with them!

Cindy says:

Happy New Year, Ashley! I have been following your blog for some time now and want to thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and inspiration! I always look forward to your beautiful quilts and your photography (and just love the pics of your family!:) I’m having fun right now making string quilt blocks using your tutorial. Knocking out a few scraps!:) Have a great 2014!!

Liane says:

A very Happy New Year to you! Stay safe in this crazy blizzard (we are south of you right outside of Boston, and are getting about 12 inches!)

Debbie Bell says:

Happy New Year!
    love all your quilts and sewing projects thank you for allowing us to see a artist at work!

Shauna says:

I do enjoy your blog and all pictures. I have a little grandchild Hazel’s age. It’s fun to watch her grow. Everytime I open my email and see a post from you I’m anxious to go right to it. Keep up the good work.

Kathy says:

Your quilts are so lovely. Thanks for sharing them. You continue to inspire me to keep on sewing.

brenda says:

just beautiful!! happy new year… enjoy every moment with hazel and max – the days go by so quickly!

Hillary says:

Love all of these! Your work is inspiring.

emily says:

i love seeing them all at once!! can’t wait to see what will spring out of your head in 2014!!

sandra says:

Beautiful work. You have amazing talent. Looking forward to seeing more in 2014. Thanks for sharing and giving us so much inspiration.

jam says:

Beautiful … every one of them. Now I just saw your Flea Market Fancy and fell in love again.
    thanks for the inspiration.

HappyNess says:

HNY. Thank you for sharing your amazing work. You’ve inspired me no end. Cheers to a fabulous 2014!!

Fiodhna NiMhuirgheasa says:

Goodness what a year of lovelies including Hazel. Congratulations! I’m always so inspired by your creations. Was the flying geese quilt you made an improvisation of those blocks? It’s a stunner.