gingham for fall

So, looks like I’ll be wearing gingham this fall…

Indeed, I found myself a bit addicted to these Lecien yarn dyed ginghams, and had to make myself not one, but three Tovas. They’ll be on rotation this fall!

The Wiksten Tova pattern can be found here.

Black and white Lecien yarn dyed gingham purchased here (at a great price!). Yellow and white mini gingham purchased at Alewives Fabrics (also now available at Nido). Raspberry and white gingham purchased locally (no online shop, unfortunately!).

This entry was posted in Clothing, Fabric and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to gingham for fall

Annalia says:

I love the gingham!

Suzanne says:

Oh man! You are going to be so cute in those. I love how they came out. Seeing the same shirt in three different fabrics and two scales of gingham proves how great it is to find a pattern that works and make it over and over, each time resulting in a different aesthetic.

randi says:

Oh, yes! I do love gingham. Those tops are just adorable!

Marie says:

Man – you don’t mess around – three tops! And all gorgeous and comfy looking. Good for you!

Ivete says:

LOVE THESE! I need to make the black and white one for myself for sure, thanks for sharing!

Stephinie says:

Oh my goodness! These are gorgeous. I bought the pattern this summer but haven’t found the right fabric yet…. I’m inspired! Will be sharing in my weekend link list tomorrow for sure :)

Holy cow these are adorable. I would love to try the pattern but I’m only an experienced novice if that makes sense. Is the pattern pretty easy to follow? Also, can we get a shot with you in a shirt?

Dresden says:

I’m with Chelsye, I really want to try making one but I’m very nervous. I can sew quilts and purses pretty well but the inset section scares me. You did a beautiful job. Is the pattern pretty true to size? Gorgeous!

Mindy says:

Gingham is my all time favorite fabric!!! I love the pattern too, have a nice fall!

Marianne says:

Very cute! Do you have to have a serger to sew these, to finish the seams?

Sarah says:

Mmmm, yay, love that gold gingham.

Amie says:

I love your shirts! I’ve been quilting for years but making a shirt scares me. Sleeves?? Collars?? eeekkkkk! Amie

Darleen Potter says:

In the 70’s, I remember making two peasant blouses…one in blue gingham and one in yellow Dotted Swiss. I love yours! and I can see fine craftsmanship Ashley!! Alewives Fabrics…have you ever taken a drive up here to Maine to visit their shop?? It is a MUST. It’s on a charming and picturesque part of the shore, and you will need a solid 10 hrs just to see everything they have. All modern fabrics and just amazing items that even rival NYC & Chicago shops. It is adjacent to a bird estuary and bring a camera for some amazing Maine photos of lobster traps and fish ladders.

Larissa says:

Man, I’d love to knock you down and take those for sure! I loves me some Tovas in Gingham! I’ve never seen that pattern in gingham til I saw this photo on Pinterest. It’s great how you turned the yoke on the bias. I did a similar thing with a Schoolhouse tunic, but I love yours more.