baby spring triangle quilt

I’ve been having fun making up fabric stacks and showing a few here on Fridays. My goal is to actually make a quilt, even just a mini quilt, out of each fabric stack. We’ll see… perhaps a lofty goal!

Anyway, I loved this springy mix of yellowy greens, aquas and light grays, pulled from a favorite Liberty of London print (the floral shown in this stack). I’ve been wanting to try out an equilateral triangle pattern, so I snagged myself a triangle ruler from Joann’s and set about cutting this stack into a stack of triangles.

I only had a small piece of the Liberty, so I opted for smaller triangles – cutting them at 4.5″. It made for a small quilt (only about 32″ x 34″), but oh so very cute! It’s soft and pretty and a little floral, and just perfect for a brand new baby. I think it will be set aside for the next little girl (there seems to be an influx of boys at the moment!)

The backing is a mix of three favorite prints – this Lizzy House butterfly print I’m so fond of, a great print from Simpatico, and one of my favorite basics by Laurie Wisbrun. Also soft and pretty.

It’s quilted with straight lines 1/4″ from each seam, and I really love the way it looks. As a bonus, the minimal quilting keeps this quilt nice and soft.

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to baby spring triangle quilt

Its gorgeous! That little bit of Liberty is so pretty!

elsa says:

Really sweet baby quilt ~ soothing colors.
    I’m amazed at the amount of work you do with such a young child! You’re amazing!

chrishart80@gmail.com says:

Love the colors! Nice job!

Julie says:

Beautiful! I love the softness of it.

janita says:

I love the colors together.Someone sweet is going to feel so special when they receive it!

Just adore this lil gal. I hope the recipient takes her monthly photos on it!

Erica says:

What a lovely quilt! I adore the color palette and the fabric combination. I too have been wanting to try an equilateral triangle quilt…that might have to be my next project.

Clare says:

Beautiful – and I love the way you have quilted it. I want to try one now!!!

Beth says:

This is so pretty and I love the triangles!
    Smiles~Beth

it is beautiful – I love your fabrics – the colours are perfect, and the quilting suits it so well. I have got to make one of these.

Cindy says:

Nice! You’ve inspired me to try the triangles. Really nice job and love the mix of colors.

Erin says:

That looks amazing. I love those colours for a baby room – so calming and relaxing. Nice work!

Becky says:

Oh wow! This one is special. Which triangle ruler did you get? After seeing the many beautiful triangle quilts online, I recently bought the Wonder Triangles ruler, but haven’t used it yet.

Marilyn says:

Love the look of this quilt.

Kar says:

Love the triangles and the colors you used Ashley! I’m going to have to give triangles a try. They look awesome!

Marie says:

That’s really sweet. I’ve been thinking about making a last minute baby gift and like this idea – time to weed through the stash and see what I can find. Thanks!

sewkatiedid says:

Love the soothing colors. I’m so addicted to these triangle quilts.

Pat says:

That is so pretty. Makes me want to stop everything and start making one right now.

Suzanne says:

Sooo pretty! I love the colour combination!

texheks says:

Love this one! I need to try this kind of triangles soon…

Katharine says:

This is lovely. Such a wonderful choice of fabrics. The liberty fabric is really beautiful.

car54 says:

oh, it’s beautiful! I have my own stack spread out on the sewing room floor right now with some of those colors–so now I’m inspired!

Sandy says:

I love everything about this little beauty. From the colors to the triangles, it is just beautiful!

Tammy says:

This is gorgeous – every single thing!

Love the colours. Makes me feel inspired to get sewing!

Ann says:

It wonderful! Green is my favorite color and I too have picked up a triangle ruler recently and they are in my list …. Which is getting longer faster than it is getting shorter! :)

Amanda says:

This is just gorgeous. Those colors are lovely together. Your quilting sets the triangles off so nicely as well. Great job.

Lisa C says:

So soothing and pretty! I, too, bought a triangle ruler but I’ve yet to take it out of the packaging. Was it simple? Or I guess I should ask, would you use it again?!!

pam says:

Lovely!
    Can I ask what kind of ruler you chose to use on this?

This is so beautiful! What triangle ruler did you use? I would like to try to make one for upcoming grandchild. Thank you. You really inspire my creativity!

Maybe I should read the comments before posting my own comments! Ha ha the answer is right above! I’ll have to get me one. Thanks again!

Ashley says:

Gosh, I love your quilts! You have such a talent for putting together great colourways!

Franziska says:

I love it. My colours. Makes me want to try a triangle piece, too.

Shasta says:

That is gorgeous – the fabrics go so well together. It is a very calming soothing quilt.

Kati R. says:

Adorable baby quilt Ashley! I think my next one will be triangles too, I just love the pattern! Thanks for sharing!:)

Ange says:

This might be my favorite quilt so far and I think ANY baby boy or girl would fall in love with it!

Diana says:

Love the color scheme. I always find that the hardest thing in a quilt. To choose the color that go well together.

Allison C says:

What London of Liberty print is that? Love it, but I haven’t been able to find it online. I think it might be from the upcoming quilters lines? Really love this quilt!!!

• 43
      ashley says:

I’m not quite sure of the name of this print. It is a Liberty of London tana lawn (not one of the upcoming prints from the quilting line)… maybe someone here knows the name of this print?

Ashley,

This quilt is so pretty. Have you described how you made your equilateral triangle quilts on your blog? Or, could you point me in the direction of some good directions? I love their look and would really like to make one soon. Thanks so much.

Katie

Carla says:

Sew Pretty and love the colors!

43. Pingback: FITF: a friday fabric stack | Film in the Fridge