breakout

I didn’t wait too long before cutting into Lucie Summers’ fabulous line, Summersville, for Moda. I had no real plan, only that I wanted to incorporate all the prints she had sent, paired with some corresponding solids. As I was playing around, I started making these bars – one side with a fun Summersville print, the other with a corresponding solid and a contrasting skinny solid strip to separate the two.

I added in a couple prints from Lotta Jansdotters Echo line, because I think they happen to play quite nicely together, and used Kona Snow for the background. The layout is kind of random – I feel like I had more of a plan when I started, but then it kind of turned into this, and I kind of like the randomness of it all.

But of course, what I love most about this one are all of Lucie’s gorgeous prints! I keep looking at them and trying to pick a favorite and I still can’t settle on one. I think the alphabetty print is right up there though, and have you seen Lucie’s embroidery project? If I had the patience (and skills!) I’d embroider the alphabet print. For sure.

Anyway, I’ve noticed Summersville starting to pop up online, so if you’ve been waiting to get these prints, now might be the time!

You can find yardage and precuts of Summersville at Lola Pink fabrics.
This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to breakout

Rachel says:

Awesome quilt!! I totally love the random feel of it!! :) I have seen this print popping up all over blogland, can’t wait till it comes out. :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

Suzanne says:

I like the parallels of the landscape rectangles and the steps in the photo spot. You have such an eye for that!

This is a really fun pattern, I like how the bars can be loosely spaced or placed closer together, and horizontal or vertical for different looks!

I just ordered a charm pack of Summersville last night from Pink Castle fabrics, along with four coordinating shot cottons. I don’t usually get charm packs but this one I wanted the whole line of fabrics, and I can’t wait to play with them!

nicke says:

i have a fq bundle coming from pink castle. i cant wait!

Beth Ellen says:

Great, graphic, interesting design–I may try this myself!

carla says:

I love all your random quilts. Very inspirational : )

Madeleine says:

Love it! And the fabric is gorgeous and fun!

Sharon says:

As usual, another wonderful quilt. I commented yesterday about a message that I am receiving when I try to view some of your older quilts — here is what shows up on my screen:

“This web page at http://www.filminthefridge.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.”

I saw that Ursula commented yesterday also that she was having trouble when she was on your tab entitled ‘clothing’. Just thought you might want to check this out. Thanks again for all the inspiration.

Carole Ann says:

This is so beautiful! I can’t believe how you keep producing such inventive and gorgeous quilts so quickly!

Your quilts are always fun–some Summersville is on its way to me–hope it arrives quickly!

Kat P says:

I love this quilt, it is so fun and just sings with movement!! Love the fabrics, and I enjoy reading your blog!

Dawn says:

It’s very fresh and modern. I love it! Great job!!

Cori says:

I love, love, love it! I must get my hands on some Summersville, stat.

Angelia says:

I really love the neutral/white with all the somewhat random color blocks.

Mary ann says:

Oh my Ashley such a lovely quilt, the fabrics, the wonkiness…the solids now I know what to do with Summersville! But I’m thinking triangles, big 60 degree triangles…

17. Pingback: FITF: taking stock… | Film in the Fridge