this week, in photos

I got it quilted! (and I forgot how tiring free motion quilting can be!) I was obsessed with getting it done, though now it’s just sitting while I contemplate my binding options. Still haven’t come up with a definite plan yet.

Some happy mail, including this lovely stack of Ruby by Bonnie and Camille. I’m in love with the scallop prints – that gray might be my new favorite!

Along with that, I also received the wool I was waiting for so I could start my Tova dress. I bought this lightweight wool suiting from Fabric.com, mainly based on the color and price. (I wanted to test it out before going with a more expensive option!) I need to pick up some fun colored tights this weekend…

I pulled out a couple old quilt blocks (those that never made it into a quilt!) and turned them into a couple bibs for Max. I used the bib pattern from Lotta Jansdotter’s Simple Sewing for Baby, though I enlarged it just a bit.

And Max, well, he was being pretty cute admiring himself in the mirror. Now that I upgraded my phone, it’s so easy to capture it, both on camera and on video! So, in case you’d like to see a quick little video of Max with his mirror, I’ve posted it below -

Happy weekend everyone!

This entry was posted in baby, Clothing, Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to this week, in photos

Ellen says:

Max is sooo cute! Love him admiring that handsome baby in the mirror…and I love your quilt work too. Cute bibs!

Kelly Irene says:

OK Max is so darn cute! I have a picture of my daughter at that age kissing herself in the mirror. I love it!
    You quilt looks beautiful (as always)! I really love the little strips of solid fabric in the squares. And using the extra blocks for bibs is pretty genius. I may be using that idea soon for my younger daughter :)

The cutest post of the MONTH – that little squeal when Max sees himself in the mirror is the best!

EG says:

I love your quilt which is clearly a huge accomplishment, but those BIBS are gorgeous! Very cool!

Kar says:

Yea for getting the quilting finished! I still love all the colors you used in it. Max is so darn cute! And the little squeals! Just adorable. :)

Alli says:

Gahhh, cute overload! Max is adooooorable! :) :) Your projects for the week are really cute, too. :D

Jackie says:

OM GOODNESS!!! Isn’t he the cutest playing in that mirror!!! Awww I so love it when kiddos discover new things it is so fascinating! :o) YAY to the quilt being quilted… oh but the fun of binding begins… lol good luck can’t wait to see it all done :o)

Lana says:

Max is so adorable…The video is great! My hubs just got one of those phones…they are NICE!
    Beautiful is the word of the day for the quilt..can’t wait to see it finished.
    You can come see my beautiful gb…on my blog today…He will be here in March…

LeAnn says:

LOVE the Max video! He is so precious! And I am in awe of the stippling on your beautiful quilt. Adorable bibs, too!
    You are one busy mama!

Connie Fowler (Basildon Kitchens) says:

Max is adorable! How do you find time to quilt with a little one in the house? Good job on the quilt too!

Rori Jensen says:

Such a cute video of Max! It brought tears to my eyes as my guys are 23 and 20 and all of the moments are precious. Enjoy all of them and don’t “wish” them to grow up faster. Love the quilt also by the way.

Paula says:

The video of Max is very cute!! Your quilt is FAB!!! I’m working on my first ‘big’ quilt and am afraid to quilt it myself.. off to my friendly long-arm…

Carla says:

Seriously cute! The stage where they sit (but do not move yet) is so much fun! Actually – each stage is so much fun – but I really loved that one!

Christin says:

I love the quilting. The pale turqoise is so pretty. Max and the mirror is adorbale as well. I like how he looks up but then needs to make sure his reflectioni s still thre.

Cindy says:

LOVE the quilt and the bibs!! And Max is soooo adorable- love the pic and the video!! He is one sweet little boy!!:)

Susan McKey says:

Oh, my. It’s all good, but of course Max steals the show. That is such a wondrous time when babies discover themselves. Enjoy!

Ooh, what a cute way to use a quilt block!

Tharina says:

He is Adorable, Ashley! I loooove all his hair. (Oour little guy is 3 weeks younger than Max.) On a side note: love the quilt, I am in awe of all the quilting you did on it! And I am making those bibs for sure – you can never have enough;). Would you post a few pics of them finished?

Jeannette says:

Ok, that video is just too. stinkin. cute. Boys. they are just so adorable. :)