16 weeks!

Wow, 16 weeks already! Max has been so much fun – lots of smiles and cute baby giggles (though we have to work kind of hard to be entertaining enough!). He’s also been rolling over a bit from his stomach to back. He seems quite surprised when he flips and finds himself on his back, so I’m not entirely sure it’s intentional. I’m most excited about the fact that he’s been sleeping through the night for a couple weeks now. I’m holding my breath and hoping it will continue!

And speaking of baby giggles, here’s a little video I shot the other day of Max and Morgan. Morgan seems to have much better success at getting him to laugh!

(please excuse my poor video skills!)

This entry was posted in baby and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to 16 weeks!

Megan says:

What a cutie! You should totally make a wall calendar with pics of Max on FITF Quilts!

April says:

Ashley you have such an adorable boy. I love his delayed reaction to the cubes being dropped on him. So cute!

Shannon F says:

He has the most adorable laugh! You have such a beautiful family, thank you for sharing. :)

Liz says:

Adorable. You brought back many memory of my own kids, now 23 and 21 yo. Those of us who choose to and are fortunate enough to be parents, no matter how we arrive there, are so blessed to travel the miraculous journey of watching our kids learn and grow. Such a gift to play a role in the development of a new person. Enjoy every step of the way, I did. Even through some teen challenges, the multitude of special moments along the way dampens the tougher times. Thanks for sharing your lovely boy with us!

Sally says:

Oh! That was FUN! He is so cute. Thanks, Ashley!

Lindsay F says:

So cute. That video just made my day.

Connie says:

Nothing is better than a baby’s laugh — enjoy every minute.

Shannon says:

Oh, the baby squeals and giggles! Adorable!

jennifer white says:

Gorgeous photo! Beautiful boy!

Amy Newbold says:

Woohoo for sleeping through the night!!! Very adorable – keep those pics coming!

Dorrie says:

He’s so cute! He looks so much like daddy in the video. He’s adorable! You’re such a lucky lady!

Linda says:

Such a doll! Things will only get better from here! 8 and 9 months is when they get really interactive, and so much fun. I love the pics and the video. Keep them coming. And hooray for sleeping all night!!! 8-)

Collette says:

Great photo and the video was so sweet! I still have a smile on my face. Baby laughs rule!

Erin says:

If that isn’t just the best thing ever, i don’t know what is!!! love that!

Amy says:

how adorable, I don’t think there is anything cuter than a baby’s laugh :)

Michelle says:

I am as pregnant as Max is old, and it’s been so sweet to see him growing in a sort of “mirror image” to my bump. We just found out we’re having a boy, and all of your projects have been inspiring! Your postings about Max have also helped me feel really excited about the adventure to come – – I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Michele says:

Can’t help but smile at those giggles.

Sharon T says:

Thank you for sharing your sweet, sweet Max with us. What a doll!

Jane Swanson says:

Thanks for sharing. Max is adorable!

Kara Smith says:

So cute, and a big boy for 16 weeks! Like both my boys he seems to have lost his “baby” really fast and looks so much like a little man already.

Kathy says:

So much fun! Cherish these baby moments. My “baby boy” graduated from NYU in May. Your video does bring back those times, and makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.

nancy says:

adorable, nothing sweeter than baby smiles and laughs. thanks for sharing this

Beth says:

happy 16 weeks to Max! he just keeps getting cuter! and i love that quilt he playing on too. smiles~beth

brenda says:

max is just adorable! enjoy all these moments — looking back (our daughters are now 21 and off to thailand for 5 months and nearly 24 and beginning grad school in sweden for 2 years in august) the time goes by so quickly at every stage. max is lucky to have such fun parents — and beautiful quilts and clothing!

Laura Baker says:

How hilarious!! And the little cotton blocks are so cute and soft. I have to make some right now for my soon to be born grandson. Max is so cute, Ashley, what a bundle of love!!!

Amber H says:

Sweet baby giggles are the best! I’ve got a video of my little guy who’s 15 weeks old.. maybe I’ll put it online too. I love reading your posts about Max since he’s just a week older than my little guy Oscar.. it sort of lets me know what I have to look forward too! I’ve got two older daughters, but the excitement and newness of a baby never gets old!

Tori Sumer says:

oh how he is growing! And sleeping through the night, keep up a good schedule and if you are lucky, it will continue (it has for us, and ours just celebrated his 1st bday!)

Kate Erbach says:

I mean, how much can you love a baby’s laugh? I love how he is learning what to expect! Such a cutie patootie.

Mary Jo says:

Love those baby giggles. Enjoy him as I know you are, especially now that he’s sleeping all night.

Emmmylizzzy says:

Oh my gosh – how adorable! He’s got the cutest baby giggles!

Theresa says:

There’s nothing better than a giggling baby! Loved it.

Susan McKey says:

That was great! Soak it in now…next thing you know he’ll be 12 and goofy in a whole other way :-)

LeAnn says:

LeAnn says:

They grow up so fast! He’s such a cutie with those BIG beautiful eyes! Thanks for sharing the photos. He looks so huggable!

Cindy says:

Hi! Love the video!!:) Max is sooo cute!! :) I have followed your blog for some time now and have always dreamed of visiting your beautiful state and dreamed of visiting the cute little shop called Nidos. Me and my husband rented a cottage in New York on Lake Champlain just this month. The one day we took the ferry over to Grand Isle and spent the day in Burlington. Such a beautiful place and busy!! I was so hoping I would maybe see you and little Max out and about. :) I meant to contact you before we left Ohio to see if you could recommend some things but totally ran out of time. I got to check out Nidos and saw your quilt you made with the Ink & Spindle fabrics- so pretty!! I talked to Aubrey (I hope I spelled that right :) and told her I followed your blog. She had such nice things to say about you and Max. He is sooo adorable and getting so big!! Hopefully I’ll get up your way again some day. It truly is a beautiful place!! :)

Suzanne says:

Wow! Time really does fly!

monique says:

what a beautiful sound! a laughing baby… how I miss it! My son just turned 16 last week and the sound I hear is “….maybe we should get another car for ME to drive so I can help YOU by driving Mads ( his sister) around”. Baby laughs are so much easier on the ears!! Families are beautiful…thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us!

Christine says:

Max is delightful. I loved the video ….. and the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Ana says:

Amazing the differences in baby development. My Baby Stash is 23 weeks today and is a good squealer, but he doesn’t yet giggle. He does bend over double when something is funny though so perhaps that’s a belly laugh in the making. Maybe I should try your cotton bomb method.

Lori says:

I am SO enjoying your pictures…and this video is fantastic. Please do your family a favor and read the book Vaccine Epidemic before you follow the traditional vaccine recommendations. Our little boys are especially vulnerable. Take care.

Cari says:

Thank you so much for sharing a video – adorable babies make me smile!

Andrea R. says:

So sweet, this made my day!

krystal says:

What a happy life! Your little boy is too precious!

Donna says:

As much as I’ve enjoyed looking at your quilts, tutorials, and favorite websites, seeing pictures of your little Max as he grows really takes the cake! Thanks for posting and sharing.

Mona Keegan says:

What a doll! Looks like he enjoys “boy” play!

Sue says:

He is just adorable!!! Nothing sweeter than baby giggles!!

There’s something about daddies and babies. Nilah laughs at Giovanni so hard when he plays with her it is unbelievable. I get a few giggles and smiles, but not the same amount of belly laughs! lol. Max is too cute for words.