a weekend of firsts…

What a great holiday weekend! The sun was out and we had a chance to spend much of the weekend at the beach.

Max enjoyed his first weekend at the lake

relaxing on the picnic quilt

his first taste of Lake Champlain

first time hanging out with new cousins

Additionally, though not pictured… first fireworks, first boat ride, first real giggles, and last night – first time sleeping through the night, which I’m sure was just a fluke, but it certainly was nice!

I also got this little quilt finished up for my cousin’s new baby, Jackson. This is a quilt you’ve seen here before, but it’s one of my favorites and I think it’s a perfect one for a modern little baby boy! I hope it will be well loved!

Hope you all had lovely weekends as well!

This entry was posted in baby. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to a weekend of firsts…

Neicee says:

I cannot believe how much he has grown..Boys are soo precious. The quilt is adorable!

elsa says:

Firsts are the best, seconds and thirds too! Max is so cute ~ love the photo of his little feet in the lake!
    nice quilt too!

Philippa says:

Such a gorgeous quilt for a baby boy and I love the quilting. A great variation to usual straight line quilting!

Amber H says:

I love the picture of the posse of babies in their strollers! That’s an awesome pic.

Love those pics. Looks like you had fun. The babies in the strollers are cute and funny all lined up there together. Great baby quilt too!

First GIGGLE!!! That is definitely one of the very best firsts. Right there beside first “I Love you”. Glad to see you enjoying it!

Kristal says:

Looks like little guy had a great time. Love the Daddy picture. So much fun.

Kristin says:

Looks like a great weekend! Aren’t first baby giggles great? I love that quilt to, great colors and so very boy feeling.

Beth says:

Such wonderful memories. The picture of the 3 babies together in their strollers reminds me of my middle son and 2 of my nephews…all born within 3 weeks of eachother (8 years ago). Thanks for sharing. Smiles~Beth

Jenny says:

Great photo of the cousins! I love the reds and browns in the baby quilt. Lovely.

teawithhazel says:

gorgeous baby..gorgeous quilts..looks like a relaxing, happy and family oriented weekend..jane

Suzanne says:

I love the stroller parking. He appears to be in great company.

Marisa says:

Oooh, that looks fun… and now I have to ask you a question: how did you hold/ secure/ manage Max on a boat? We’re about to buy a boat and are due with our first kiddo in August and for the life of me, I can’t find anything that tells me what to do with an infant on a boat. Car seat? Sling? Carrier? Hold on for dear life?

Sarah C. says:

Such an adorable little guy! I don’t know how you get any sewing done with him around….. But I love your two quilts!!

stacey says:

It has been exciting watching him grow so quickly! My nephew is 8 weeks and I still have his quilt top… yikes, I need to get going!

The babies in the strollers shot is too cute! How lucky they are to be so close in age.

April says:

That quilt IS a great boy quilt! And seeing your picnic quilt makes me want to make one. :)

Kathy says:

Max has the Dad moves down pat! Love the pictures you are sharing. My little guy just graduated from NYU! He loves the quilt I made him. All his friends said ” I wish my Mom would make me a quilt!” What you do is so special to so many.

Katy says:

Aww what a cutie. You have a beautiful family.

LeAnn says:

Great pics! It looks like you had a WONDERFUL family weekend!
    Love the quilts. I think the photo of daddy and Max napping together is my favorite.

LeAnn

Andrea says:

LOVE the cousins picture! How awesome that Max gets to grow up with ready-made friends! Two of my sisters are pregnant right now, seeing that pic makes me want to be “in the club”!

Colleen says:

Cute baby. He’s really growing…BUT could you post more quilting and less baby??

Katy says:

all of those firsts!! – he’s growing so fast and getting more adorable each day.
    Keep the baby pics coming, because soon enough he’ll be a proper boy (and as adorable as mine is, he was way cuter when he was a little round chubby bubba!!!!)

Megan says:

Ashley, Max is an absolute doll! I want to squish his cheeks! Keep the photos coming please!!

Cute quiilt. BUT…… could you please post more baby and fewer quilts?

Kristen says:

Super cute! Enjoy it all!