ready for the weekend!

I do love me a long weekend, and I’m definitely looking forward to this one. The weather promises to be nice, so I’m imagining some sunny days by the lake… perhaps photographing a quilt or two, and maybe handsewing some binding.

ready-to-bind

I’ve been slowly working on this one. This quilt has been around forever and is still not finished. In fact, I almost scrapped it completely, but in the end decided it should be finished. I’ll share the rest of it soon, including why I’m not so fond of it! (and certainly not being fond of it has made this the longest finish!)

fabric-stack

(just cause it’s pretty! fabric that needs to be put away (as always!))

And here are a few random things of note:

- Market photos… I’ve been loving reading about Quilt Market and seeing all the photos. It’s been especially fun to spot my Unfurnished quilt! I’ve seen it here, here and here – yay! So many gorgeous quilts to look at… and all that new fabric! (although it just makes me feel like I really need to get sewing so I can justify adding to my stash!)

- Jess at Give it a go is hosting a block swap using my modified bento box quilt block tutorial. Just think of the fun, colorful quilt (or table runner, placemat, pillow, etc) you could end up with! You can read all the details here and can head over here to join the Mod Bento Block Swap Flickr group.

- I’ve always said I’d never join Facebook, and while I’m still holding strong about not having a personal profile, I did break down and start one for Filminthefridge. Not sure yet what I think about it, but we’ll see how it goes. You can check it out here if you want.

…..Oh, and someone has a 2 year blogging anniversary coming up. Check back next week… there will be prizes!

Hope you all have wonderful weekends!

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to ready for the weekend!

whitney says:

Ah, so fun to see your quilt at market! And happy 2nd birthday, FITF!

Well, whatever the rest of the quilt looks like, I really like that green and white stripe for the binding. That color has such a fresh feel.

Happy long-weekend!

I can’t wait to see how that quilt turns out!

Terri says:

How fun to be finishing an older project. Love striped bindings! Enjoy the long holiday weekend!

Georgia says:

I love the colors in that fabric stack- the quilt will be beautiful!

Brenda says:

I REALLY love the orange and gray materials (3rd and 4th from the bottom), what line are they from? The orange would look perfect in a beachy, hawaiian, surfing type quilt I’m putting fabrics together for.

Mary Ann says:

Where oh where did you find the flea market fancy and in orange besides? I thought that line was long gone. I have been drooling over your Tufted Tweets quilt everyone I see it.

Kim says:

Hey Ash! I’ll volunteer for some lake time and holding up the quilts for photographing! See you on the Big D!

Elizabeth says:

Have a great long weekend. We had one in Canada last weekend and it was wonderful–enough time for fun outdoors AND sewing! Love the pinks and oranges together in your stack.

WHATUPDUCK says:

Your unfinished quilt looks like a beauty! Can’t wait to see the finish. Sometimes it’s so good to take a break from a project. I do it MANY times!!

Sherri says:

I have a few WIPs like that! ;-) I always said I’d never join FB too, but I did and I love it. I also eventually started a shop page and I think it’s a great way to connect with customers.

Ethne says:

Please share the quilt soon with us – we all have something lurking in the background that we dither over finishing for one reason or another

Munaiba says:

Please don’t abandon that quilt. I know I can only see a little of it but it looks really beautiful.

Sarah C. says:

I’ll be waiting anxiously to se the finished quilt – because I haven’t seen one of yours I didn’t like!! And I’m glad to know that someone besides me has piles of fabric that need to be put away….. ;-)