(some of the) kitchen quilts

kitchenquilts6

Well, the kitchen renovation has been finished for some time now, but these quilts? Not so much. You might remember how Morgan jokingly suggested that I make 200 quilts to pay for our kitchen renovation.

kitchenquilts3

I made 5 tops in fun combinations of Liberty of London and coordinating prints and solids and then ran out of steam. While I love making these quilts, I’m not cut out for making the same thing over and over.

kitchenquilts

I did finish up these three quilts a while back. The date stamp on these photos tells me that I took them at the end of July and look, I’m only just now getting around to blogging about these quilts.

kitchenquilts5

I actually still need to get decent individual photos of them, so they’re still not ready to be listed for sale, but hopefully soon!

kitchenquilts4

This entry was posted in [search] Charm Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to (some of the) kitchen quilts

Shasta says:

All of these are beautiful. I understand completely about not making the same design over and over again. I’m sure you would be happier with variations of the theme. How about rectangles?

Paige says:

They are so beautiful on the fence! And love the story behind them!

Mags says:

Gorgeous! What a fabulous fabric stash. Are these made from charm packs or cut from yardage?

They are beautiful! I spy some Liberty, Cloud 9, Umbrella Prints…..lots of beautiful fabrics!

Abby says:

I love these quilts and it would be amazing if you could finance your renos from your quilts but we all know they would have to sell for $1500 to pay for your incredible skill and time.
    I think repeating a pattern is great if you can learn from the first attempt and evolve it, but I sense that boils be a struggle with simple squares.

Rosemary Bolton says:

Well, you are not a sweat shop 😛
    I think these quilts are gorgeous but I could not make more than 5. I need to move on to something else.
    I am so glad that you kept busy and out of trouble though. hahaha

Kaholly says:

They look GREAT! Love the little photo shoot! XO

I remember these! We are doing a home addition right now. When I tell Brandon that I’ve sold a quilt, he has been jokingly suggesting that I raise my prices. Say… $900? Hahaha.

SuzyMcQ says:

Lovely quilts with the most beautiful fabrics. Your model is very handsome as well!