(some of the) kitchen quilts

Well, the kitchen renovation has been finished for some time now, but these quilts? Not so much. You might remember how Morgan jokingly suggested that I make 200 quilts to pay for our kitchen renovation.

I made 5 tops in fun combinations of Liberty of London and coordinating prints and solids and then ran out of steam. While I love making these quilts, I’m not cut out for making the same thing over and over.

I did finish up these three quilts a while back. The date stamp on these photos tells me that I took them at the end of July and look, I’m only just now getting around to blogging about these quilts.

I actually still need to get decent individual photos of them, so they’re still not ready to be listed for sale, but hopefully soon!

This entry was posted in [search] Charm Quilts, Finished Quilts, Posts about Quilts, Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to (some of the) kitchen quilts

Shasta says:

All of these are beautiful. I understand completely about not making the same design over and over again. I’m sure you would be happier with variations of the theme. How about rectangles?

Paige says:

They are so beautiful on the fence! And love the story behind them!

Mags says:

Gorgeous! What a fabulous fabric stash. Are these made from charm packs or cut from yardage?

They are beautiful! I spy some Liberty, Cloud 9, Umbrella Prints…..lots of beautiful fabrics!

Abby says:

I love these quilts and it would be amazing if you could finance your renos from your quilts but we all know they would have to sell for $1500 to pay for your incredible skill and time.
    I think repeating a pattern is great if you can learn from the first attempt and evolve it, but I sense that boils be a struggle with simple squares.

Rosemary Bolton says:

Well, you are not a sweat shop 😛
    I think these quilts are gorgeous but I could not make more than 5. I need to move on to something else.
    I am so glad that you kept busy and out of trouble though. hahaha

Kaholly says:

They look GREAT! Love the little photo shoot! XO

I remember these! We are doing a home addition right now. When I tell Brandon that I’ve sold a quilt, he has been jokingly suggesting that I raise my prices. Say… $900? Hahaha.

SuzyMcQ says:

Lovely quilts with the most beautiful fabrics. Your model is very handsome as well!