Film in the Fridge

improv solids – finally finished!

It’s only taken me 4 years to finally finish this quilt! But I love that even though it feels like an old quilt to me, it still looks like something I might make today.

It’s made up of lots of Kona solids, some Essex cotton/linen blends and a few crossweaves – basically whatever was on hand at the time! I particularly love the little striped sections and the tiny little strips of colors here and there.

I found a great backing in this Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi print. It’s a favorite of mine, and I was pleased to see that it contained similar colors. I even took the time to perfectly piece the backing so you can’t tell where it’s seamed.

I originally was going to quilt it with straight lines vertically, but then thought I might instead make those vertical lines a bit wavier. (I think I might have liked it better if I had made the quilting lines denser, but unfortunately I realized that too late!) I used 4 or 5 different variegated thread colors for a little added fun.

It’s great to check this one off the list and finally be able to put it to use!