instead of packing…

…I may have started a new quilt. In my defense, I packed a few boxes, then took a little break to cut and arrange a few strips. It can’t be all work all the time, right?! The kind folks at Freespirit sent along a few fabrics from Denyse Schmidt’s Hadley line recently and as I was packing, I realized how nice this line looked with those Cotton + Steel basics (those basics seem to go well with everything!). I decided to cut them up for this fun minimalist herringbone quilt. I was going to stick with just the fabrics they sent me, but in the end I felt I’d like to see a few more of the Hadley prints included, so I ordered a bundle from Westwood Acres.

hadleyherringbone

Max has already claimed this one for himself, so it looks like I’ll be making it bed-sized. White is likely a bad choice for a three year old (marker-obsessed!) boy, but I figure by the time this one is no longer looking so fresh, I’ll have made something else for him.

Our closings and move are all scheduled for Friday, so this one will be packed away shortly and continued after the move…

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to instead of packing…

Marty Mason says:

Love this. I have some remaining fat quarters from a bundle of Ella Blue “Terra Australis” I purchased….your design just fits the bill.

Linda says:

I like Max’s new quilt! 😎 Just the thought of moving with to little ones makes me tired…lol. Good luck with the move this weekend. Hope you’ll share a pic or two after you’re settles.

xo Linda

Carla says:

Looks like another winner! Good choice Max

Randi says:

I love your first sentence! “i may have started a new quilt” That is so often how these things start! Happy moving and sewing!

Oh, I agree, the Cotton + Steel basics do seem to blend really well with a lot of lines. I like the simple herringbone you are using. I always fear white with little ones, but more often than not it works out just fine. Stains = quilt love anyway. 🙂

I love it! Great fabric, great design.

Barb R says:

I love reading and looking at your posts. Just want to wish you a trouble-free move and hope you get happily established in a reasonable time. I like moves and new starts. Close a chapter and open the next.

essie says:

i love your fabric choices – the colours are gorgeous, and they stand out so nicely against the white.

Staci says:

had to smile while reading your post. Starting a new project is my favorite form of procrastination. Done it in the midst of several moves. It’s a wonderful and welcome distraction to create something while dismantling your home. Hope the new house is wonderful and you are very happy there.

I’m TOTALLY in agreement with pack a bit, then take a break for some fun. Love the herringbone.

tisha says:

The quilt looks great. Hope you are enjoying your new home.

12. Pingback: FITF: Fall Migration | Film in the Fridge