knit pj pants

knitpjs2

It’s been a slow week around here. I had hoped Max would be over his cold, but no such luck. It feels like my entire week was spent blowing his nose, asking if I could blow his nose, or running after him attempting a sneak attack from the back. Hopefully this was the worst of it.

Anyway. Last weekend I purchased Pattern Anthology’s latest offering, Just Add Jeans, which is a fun collection of 4 women’s knit shirts (though now only offered as individual patterns). While I don’t sew with knits too often, I keep thinking it would be nice to do so more often. I didn’t get anything sewn for myself, but it did have me pulling out my small stash of knits for pj pants for the kids – a nice easy start! These are really simple legging style pajama bottoms – I made up a pattern for each based on knit pants they already had.

knitpjs

Max got a pair out of one of my favorite Monaluna designs (available both as organic quilting cotton and as an organic knit). Max loves anything alphabet related, so once he realized that those were letters on there, they quickly became his favorite pair! And a second out of this fun Birch Fabric organic Elk Grove knit. Hazel’s pink pair are made from an older Nani Iro knit I snagged from Nido a while back, and while I wasn’t originally intending to make matching pjs for the kids, when I found I had just enough fabric left over, I really couldn’t resist!

knitpjs3

This entry was posted in baby, Clothing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to knit pj pants

Jenny says:

The cuteness is overwhelming.

Linda says:

This is just what I needed today! Feeling crappy and want to stay home from work, but can’t. You know how I love that face…8-) Adorable pajama pants, and I can’t believe she’s standing up now!! They look so adorable side by side on the couch. Give them kisses from me..

xo Linda

Sarah Helene says:

SPOT ON. . . cute pj pants for 2 kids. FAB prints to coordinate with many colors of T-shirt tops. Deer print fabric is so colorful as well as the ABC’s print with elaborate & detailed 26 letters. Kids can wear these around the house & be warm & cozy sleeping. Sarah in Minneapolis

hapa cooking says:

awww these are adorable! nice job!

Marisa says:

I have been reading your blog since Max was tiny and I think you have the cutest kids on the planet,,it makes me so happy when you post pix of them ,,,so thank you for making my day better,,,

Carla says:

I love a little diaper bum : ) The pants are darling

Cindy says:

These are just too adorable!! Great job!

Kristin says:

Those matching PJ pants are beyond adorable!!!

Kaesey says:

These are great! I wish my boy would still wear things like this…. =)

Susan says:

My heart melts every time I see photos of your children. That last photo is priceless! The pj pants are adorable, too. :)

I love these pj pants! Poor little baby, feel better soon!

Amana says:

I need to make these paints for my daughter. I did her nursery bedding in Monaluna fabric you used and the coordinating fabrics also. how cute would it be if she had mating pjs!

Sarah says:

I just love the alphabet print! I’ve been too nervous to sew with knits (so stretchy!) but this might just been the pattern that pushes me the rest of the way :)