an open wide zip pouch set

openwidepouches

Have you made any of these yet? The pattern, of course, is Anna Graham’s Open Wide¬† Zipper Pouch, and I’ve made a number of these little bags since she posted her free tutorial (though in looking back, it looks like I’ve failed to blog even one of them). It seems that as soon as I finish one, I turn my back and next thing I know, it’s holding matchbox cars, pretend food, or any number of other little toys. Max is certainly a big fan of the open wide zip pouch!

openwidepouches2

I made this set for our family Christmas gift swap – I was hoping I might end up with them, but no such luck! I loved Anna’s set here, and since I had some similar Umbrella Prints scraps here, I pretty much copied hers. (Hopefully she’ll be flattered?)

openwidepouch3

Anyway, if you haven’t yet tried this pattern, go make a few! It’s quite a satisfying sew, and so useful!

openwidepouch4

Umbrella Prints fabrics (used on small and medium pouches) can be found here.
Cloud 9's Bark & Branch fabric (used on large pouch) can be found here.
Lining fabrics - Flight from Violet Craft's Waterfront Park.
Base fabric is Robert Kaufman Essex yarn dyed in black.
Zippers from Zip It.

This entry was posted in Fabric, Household Sewing - bags, napkins, pillows and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to an open wide zip pouch set

anna says:

I love love these Ashley! I love that you made them for you family gift swap! What a treat that lucky family member is in for! You did amazing, and of course I’m flattered. :)

pam harris says:

Just had to pop in to say that these are some of the prettiest fabric choices for zippered pouches I have seen! I’ve made several using another pattern shared several years ago and you are right – making them AND USING them is quite satisfying!

Christy says:

Definitely my go to pattern for zip pouches. I love them!

Margaret says:

these are so useful, many thanks for the link, will be making some shortly

Tammy says:

I’ve made several of this pattern- I LOVE it! and your set is gorgeous! I also encourage everyone, especially those who aren’t fond of putting in a zipper, to do this one!

Erin says:

Love these pouches – especially with the Branch and Bark fabric. So nice.