Hazel – 5 months

A little late this month, but better late than never!

hazel5months

Hazel really has turned into the happiest baby, which is really wonderful, considering how unhappy she seemed during her first several weeks of life!

hazel5months2

How I wish I could keep her at this adorable stage – so aware and interested in what’s going on, quick to smile and laugh, yet still relatively immobile (though that’s quickly changing — we need to do some more baby proofing soon!).

mandh5

I thought perhaps I could get a decent shot to use as a Christmas card, but seems perhaps I should leave that job to a professional. I don’t seem to have much luck getting them both to look and smile for the camera!

This entry was posted in baby and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Hazel – 5 months

Pat says:

Ahhh, that’s why they make collage cards. Your kids are both so cute and so photogenic, a picture with both of them together and smiling might wipe out your camera. lol

Marion says:

Ashley,
    whenever I see photos of your little ones I can’t help but smiling. Absolute adorable !! Have a lovely Christmas

Penny G says:

I have always wondered why photographers think looking at the camera and smiling is more important than sharing the joy of an occasion. Some of my favorite shots from a recent trip are the grandkids holding hands and walking away from us. Hazel seems to be happy and beautiful and Max is still as adorable as ever. I love all the pictures since they seem to show a great deal of personality.

jodi says:

Your little ones are adorable, and the quilt is gorgeous!

Kar says:

They both get more adorable with every new picture. Makes you melt. :)

Sarah Helene Seufert says:

FAB photos . . . AH, TO REMEMBER IN WHAT, 8 YEARS? . . . & AGAIN AT HAZEL’S COLLEGE GRADUATION AT AGE 23 YEARS!! YOUR TALENTS IN QUILTING CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME AS WELL AS YOUR photos of your kids! Sarah Helene, Minneapolis

Tiffany says:

Those eyes! She is such a gorgeous baby. I love seeing all your pictures of her.

Absolutely love this stage! I just realized yesterday how effective it is that you often photograph them in white on a pretty quilt. I usually avoid simple baby clothes because they show stains, but you are winning me over. Maybe someday…

kitty says:

What a beautiful baby girl! She really is her brother’s sister!! Enjoy each and every minute you can be with them to the full!! Being a grandmother now has made me realize how much I have missed out on the childhood of my daughters because of work related duties. It’s one of the most precious periods of your life and it will never cone back!!
    I love your red+purple quilt! Wonderful palette!!

Patti says:

Hazel is just gorgeous. Your quilt is quite nice too but not as gorgeous as Hazel. Okay I do love your quit.

sue sally says:

Hi – As a mum of 3 boys now in their 20’s and having taken 1000’s of photos of them my absolute favourites are firstly, all 3 with their Gida – granpa – in his garden completely natural each one engaged in his own way, just a random shot but says so much. Secondly, a shot of the 2 youngest – twins – “fishing” in an old gutter backs to the camera deep in conversation aged about 18 months. So I think the shot of your little ones is a keeper and would make a wonderful Christmas photo

Carol A.J. says:

Hazel looks so lovely. I bet in 16 years she will be a heart-breaker! Enjoy them while they are young.

Kathleen says:

They are both so darned cute. I always enjoy your pics. They must make you smile every morning when they wake.