we interrupt the sewing for a little vacation…

vacation2

We recently spent a couple weeks in our favorite place in Florida. We filled our days with donuts at the bakery, walks on the beach, golf cart rides and plenty of time with grandparents (along with all those less than fun things that accompany a vacation with kids!).

vacation6

It was maybe a little less relaxing than vacation’s been in the past, but certainly fun to see them – Max especially – loving the new routine we established there.

vacation7

Also, beach reconstruction? Quite possibly the coolest thing in the world to a 2 1/2 year old! If you wanted to entertain Max for a while, all you had to do to bring him to the beach to watch them digging (or ‘scooping va-va’, according to Max).

vacation1

He was quick to decide that Florida was the place to be, and has been asking to return ever since we arrived back home. I’m with him. The weather there certainly beats Vermont!

vacation3

Hazel rocked all her new knickers, and I enjoyed not having to wrestle kids into winter clothes and carseats – a vacation indeed!

vacation4

And on this teeny little island I even had a chance to meet up briefly with a fellow sewer and blog reader, Meredith (Hi! So nice to meet you!).

hazelknits

Don’t worry though, it wasn’t all lounging around (as if, with two small children!), I managed to sneak in a few crafts while I was away. A little knitting post coming up next!

This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to we interrupt the sewing for a little vacation…

Vickie says:

Awesome pictures. Great times!

jodi says:

Ahhh, good for you and yours! Your littles are adorable!

Paige says:

Cute! I’m hoping to get to FL (Captiva? Sanibel?) in March!

Penny G says:

Since you were on a tiny little island, I would guess Captiva or Sanibel also. The sand looks more like the Atlantic side of the state possibly near St Augustine or Melbourne, both of which have islands, but much larger. Perhaps Singer Island or Palm Beach. There are so many islands on the coast of Florida and I have only visited 15 or 20 of them over my life which is long enough that I have no idea what some of these islands look like now. The pictures are beautiful, hope you enjoy or enjoyed every minute!

Laura says:

That last picture with Hazel in the in-progress hat is so adorable! I lived in FL for 10 years (I’m in NW Maryland now) and man, I really missed it this morning having to drive to work after 6 inches of snow and an extra topping of ice.

Jan says:

What a great vacation. The kiddos certainly look like they love it.

CJ says:

Wow, that looks like an amazing holiday. I remember when my eldest was about two we went on holiday and at the back of the beach there was a Waste Management Conference, complete with the most enormous vehicles of all descriptions. He was in absolute heaven!

Carly says:

SUCH cute pictures! I love pics of your nice fam as much as I love pics of your new quilts! Nice work all around!

Bobbiesews says:

Love the darling kiddos. Such fun in the eyes! Grate to see the posts and pics.

Margret says:

Love that last photo of Hazel with the in progress beanie, so pinchie cute! As in, I want to just pinch those gorgeous chubby cheeks :)

Stephanie says:

Just wanted to say, thanks for keeping it real! I have two small children too (just about Max’s and Hazel’s age) and life is anything but easy. Sometimes when I read my favorite blogs, I get conned into thinking that their life, even with children, is so peaceful and enjoyable. But then I quickly remind myself that people just show the good stuff. So thanks for also mentioning the not-so-fun stuff (like car seats and coats wrestling!). Hope you are enjoying (as much as you can) your holidays!