munki munki baby strings quilt

munkistrings

This quilt was a fun one to make, and a fun one to see finished! It seems like it was a long time coming — perhaps because I collected these great Munki Munki prints for so many years. I love Heather Ross (as you know!), so of course I felt I had to collect these early prints she designed for Munki Munki.

munkistrings2

Recently I had the urge to let them see the light of day, and decided to cut them all up and use them all together in one quilt. It’s playful and fun, cheery and bright, and makes a really great I Spy quilt.

munkistrings5

It’s also quite possibly one of the softest quilts – these prints are printed on the nicest base cloth and it washes up to become buttery soft. Perfect for a baby quilt, no?

munkistrings4

I quilted it with straight lines (a bit tedious to quilt, but well worth the effort!). The batting is my favorite Quilter’s Dream cotton, and for the backing I opted for the wonderful strawberry print from Heather’s most recent line, Briar Rose.

munkistrings6

And as much as I love it, it’s listed here in the shop. The fun for me was collecting all these prints and then sewing them into a quilt. I’m hoping someone out there will have fun snuggling under it!

munkistrings7

A previous post about this quilt can be found here.

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] String Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to munki munki baby strings quilt

Liane says:

Adorable! I love that strawberry backing, the scrappy string top, and of course that baby!

iris-b says:

dear ashley,
    “mazal tov”!!! means good luck in hebrew.
    they are gorgeous together!
    enjoy them!

i cannot believe you made so many quilts last months.
    how many hours you have on a day? (-:

best regards from jerusalem,
    iris.

Pretty !! And wow, that is a lot of straight lines!! But it really is beautiful!

Dominique says:

This is such a sweet quilt, I love it! Another great example of simple is beautiful. I love the quilting too – perfect choice.

Sarah Helene Seufert says:

In these sharp photos, I LOVE the mix of small prints & plain colored fabrics! I see tiny apples, chickens, buses, flowers, bikes, dogs….. a wide range of small prints! Again your little one is the center of attention. You possess a true “eye” for color coordination as well as design in the placement of diagonals & squares in your UNIQUE QUILT. And as mentioned a simple striped stitching for quilting… PLAYFUL, BRIGHT– INDEED! Sarah Helene, Minneapolis

Marion says:

Ashley,
    what a lovely quilt again ! Those little prints, the Color combination and the back with strawberries….just gorgeous !
    I am tempting to stroll over to your shop – just one more question: Does the quilt include the Baby ???? lol
    Wishing you an enjoyable Holiday !

Sara Hill says:

That baby is definitely related to her brother, and they are both as cute as they can be. So great for pictures. Pretty quilt too.

Margaret says:

a lovely selection of fabrics and the baby looks very much at home on the quilt

Lea says:

This quilt is just way to sweet. Love the fabrics and the straight line quilting. And the baby is adorable!

Bonnie says:

This quilt is gorgeous! Just love the straight line quilting.