a ‘Made by Rae’ kind of day

parsley3

If you took a look at the clothing I’ve been making recently, you might think I’m a bit obsessed with Rae, and you’d be right! I’ve always had success with her patterns, and I couldn’t resist ordering her latest pattern, the Parsley Pants. And what a great pattern! They are fun to put together and Rae provides great options to change up the look of the pants. They’re also a perfect fit, which I really appreciate. Max turned two last month and fits perfectly in the size 2.

parsley4

I made this pair out of a print from Denyse Schmidt’s Shelburne Falls line, and opted for front pouch pockets. I did a bit of faux piping in yellow on the edges so you’d be able to tell that the pockets were there.

geranium

And then, another pattern of Rae’s I’d been wanting to try – her Geranium dress. I used her free 0-3 month Little Geranium pattern for this dress, but after seeing how cute it turned out, quickly purchased her full Geranium pattern so I’d be able to continue making cute dresses for the baby as she grows.

ittybittydress

Next up, another I’ve made in the past – Rae’s free Itty Bitty dress pattern, this time in a fun Cynthia Rowley print (as I post these photos, I’m laughing at the fact that most of the baby’s clothes are blue, being Max’s hand me downs – then when I have a chance to make something in any color I want, I still pick blue!)

washi

Not to be left out, I decided to make up another Washi dress for myself in this great Anna Maria Horner print. I find this pattern works well for maternity wear as well, and have been able to fit into my Washi tunic until just recently. I made this one one size larger than my usual size and I think I may be able to squeeze into it for the next month.

parsleypants

And lastly, let’s end this post with another fun pair of Parsley pants! Max selected these Echino mini cars, and I think they’re just fabulous for pants. I’d make myself a pair if I could get away with it!

parsley2 \

Cute little details! (also perfect for storing your matchbox cars if you’re a two year old boy!)

Thanks Rae, for all your wonderful, well-written patterns!

This entry was posted in baby, Clothing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to a ‘Made by Rae’ kind of day

Sarah Schraw says:

Such cute pants! It’s funny that they’re called “Parsley pants” because my 3-year-old always asks for “parsley” in the bathroom… He means privacy. :)

Tanis says:

Love it all! As a new mom to a little boy I’m especially excited about those awesome pants! They look so cute on your little guy, thanks so much for the inspiration!

Linda says:

Seeing Max’s sweet, smiling face first thing when I opened up this post made me smile, too! What a great way it was to start my day. Both pairs of pants are adorable. I used to make my boys’ clothes, including pants, when they were little, but they’re in their late 40s now, and the fabric back then was not that cute. Love those teeny dresses, too. When can we look forward to seeing the new little doll? I’m so happy for you all. Keep up the good work!

xo Linda

snips says:

Wonderful projects! I’ve been wanting to try the Parsley Pants for my little Max and Sam, yours have definitely inspired me to give it a go!

diane says:

For your Washi dress, what did you use to line it? Do you do a partial or full lining? I see that it’s green, so now I’m curious. I’ve only made one Washi, and I did a partial lining using muslin and I mildly regret not having chosen a nicer lining fabric. I am planning on making another one for summer using voile, which will probably need to be fully lined.

Junglewife says:

Love the projects! I will have to check out some of Rae’s other patterns. I do love the Washi dress, too. I also made a couple dresses for maternity wear. I ended up making a couple and increasing the pleat depth to make the belly area a little more accommodating. I just moved the front skirt pattern piece 1 1/2 inches from the fold, to increase by 3 inches total, and then adjusted the pleats so that they took up the extra fabric evenly. I don’t remember my math right now but it is not too hard to do, and adds in a little extra belly room :-)

kristin says:

these are awesome! gotta love those Rae patterns. :)

Franziska says:

so sweet clothes. Makes me want to sew something, too. Unfortunately it’s not that easy for me.

Carla says:

Those pants are so cute but then sew is Max. Oh my he is growing so fast.