long time…

Hey hi! I meant to mention that the blog would be a bit quiet over the last couple weeks, but then things got busy, and well, you know… Anyway, we took a little trip to Florida and spent the last bit of time enjoying the sunshine and the beach.

There was a lot of beach time

ice cream eating

even a little sewing!  (I made up this little quilt following a pattern in Alexia Abegg’s upcoming book, Liberty Love, and took it with me to handsew the binding and of course capture a few quilt photos at the beach. I hope to show you those photos in the next day or two!)

and an attempt to get a family Christmas shot, which was made more difficult with this little one who wasn’t much for posing!

_ _ _

As an aside, Pink Chalk Fabrics held a tutorial contest recently, and it’s now open for voting (voting ends tomorrow). Click here to take a peek at the tutorials and cast your vote in each of the four categories! There are many great tutorials, and great gift ideas, in case you might still be looking… I entered two tutorials that I wrote during 2012, and if you used and/or liked either, I’d love a vote!

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to long time…

Rae says:

my GOODNESS I cannot believe how big and grownup he looks. WAAAAAAAH!!

Carla says:

Welcome back. I thought for sure you had another baby!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

elsa says:

Gosh, Max has gotten so big! great photos of the beach too.

Kar says:

Looks like you had a great time. Every one had smiles on their faces. :) I know I’ve said it before, but can Max get any cuter?! Love the Christmas photo.

Marion says:

What a happy family and what a cuuuute Max !!
    Merry Christmas from Germany and have a wonderful time.

Samlatricoteuse says:

Voted. Done

Oh my gosh! Were you on Boca Grande? I swear one day I was working and I said to my co worker, “Huh, that’s so funny, she looks just like a blogger I follow.” Please tell me I’m not crazy.

Cindy says:

How nice to get away and enjoy alittle sunshine! Looks like everyone is having a great time! I can’t believe how big Max is getting- I bet he’s loving it all!!:) Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Jamie says:

Max is soooo adorable!!

sewkatiedid says:

Fun! We usually head to the gulf side of Florida for Christmas. The beaches are divine. I was just showing a friend your garland tutorial last night and thinking of ordering some snaps for my press.

Kathleen says:

I voted for both of your projects on the Pink Chalk Fabrics site. Now I am following your blog. Good luck with the voting.

Sarah says:

You’re pics are great. i think The pic with your cheeky little son running towards the camera is a perfect family Christmas shot! It’s nice to see some Americans experiencing warmth and beach! I’m Australian and we are all about beach and summer right now. Beach visits on Christmas Day are common down here. I would love to spend one white Christmas though. One day when the kids leave home, maybe!

Marion says:

CONGRATULATION !!!
    You deserve it´- I don.t know how many of those round bottom storage container I sewn – but they are just fabolous.
    So….Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year from Germany !!

Carla says:

Max is so cute and growing up
    Sounds like fun