Friday fabric stack #4

This week I wanted to make up a stack that included a few of the new prints from Denyse Schmidt’s new line, Chicopee. I went with a couple of the plum, dark blue/black, and yellowy green prints and added in a couple solids and a few additional prints. I felt it needed a little something, so those text prints were added to the stack. I may end up adding a few more solids, but for now, I quite like this color combo!

Denyse Schmidt's Chicopee is available at many shops, including these great shops:
Nido
Fabricworm
Fat Quarter Shop
Fresh Squeezed Fabrics
Hawthorne Threads
Sew Modern
Pink Chalk Fabrics

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Friday fabric stack #4

Oh it is fantastic. This would make a beautiful quilt! Can’t wait to see what you do with these!

Julie Tiu says:

Hi there, Ashley! Totally enjoying your Friday fabric stacks. I keep meaning to pull stacks together from my own stash (which seems to be in a good state of equilibrium most of the time). I haven’t exactly been following along for too long, and was wondering what size the fabrics are in your stacks?

Carla Esser Lake says:

I love today’s stack! What are the names of the text prints? I think I NEED them!

• 5
      ashley says:

The selvage on the alphabet print says D’s Selection – Manifiq (Japanese print produced by Fumika Oishi). Unfortunately there’s no info on the other print, so I don’t know! Maybe someone here knows?

Courtney says:

OOOOh! I love that color combo!

EG says:

Ugh, you have such a GREAT eye for color! I want you to come over and play with my stash.

Sheila says:

Gorgeous! And definitely feeling very end-of-summer / beginning-of-fall. Where have the last few months gone?!

Katy says:

You really put together great stacks. How do you go about putting them together? Do you buy fabrics you like and then mix at home or do you have them in mind when you aquire new ones? I am just starting on building my stash and would love your perspective.

Anne says:

Oh man, that is one yummy stack of fabric! I love what the text fabrics add and those colors are wonderful! I can’t wait to see what you do with this. :)

karie says:

You put together such lovely color combinations. I am always so inspired by your blog. Have you blogged about how you make your color choices?

Deb konopka says:

Love the combo. Can’t wait to see what you create.

Lorena says:

I love the “D’s Selection – Manifiq (Japanese print produced by Fumika Oishi)” too and I’m looking for more. The black text on white fabric that reads (cleverly modified)is Artist Sketch Words by Kumiko Fujita for Yuwa, quite a few stores are stocking that and it comes in many colours. It’s fantastic.

I have sour green and grey envy.Yummy colours

Brandy says:

This stack has to be my favorite so far. The colors you chose were like nothing I’ve seen yet. What inspired this one? I’m always looking at magazines, catalogs, buildings, gardens for a little idea here and there. TGIFFS!

waltraut says:

Exiting color combination. I never thought lime and plum would go together so terrific.

Mary C says:

What is the beautiful rasberry with white flower (dandelion) print?

Megan says:

what are those wonderful light pink stripe and yellow stripe fabrics? They are just fabulous! love all the colors!

20. Pingback: FITF: pink and gray improv quilt top | Film in the Fridge