fabric stack(s) #3

This week I pulled a few fabrics with a bit of a boyish feel… I’m still kinda stuck on those HSTs, so that’s where these stacks may be heading!

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to fabric stack(s) #3

elsa says:

Great stacks ~ especially like the orange and grey ~ something about the combination makes me want to go through my stash and do the same thing!

• 2
      erin says:

OOOOOoooo. these are lovely! would you mind sharing the names? I am fairly new to quilting and don’t have them ALL figured out yet! my dear friend is having a baby boy this fall and this would be a PERFECT color combo for her/him! thanks!

kirastamp@sfcn.org says:

Your fabric is so beautiful. I have a question though. I have always been the project buyer. I find a pattern and then buy the fabric I want to use for it. I recently picked out scraps and made my own pinwheel pattern and made a baby quilt. I loved the outcome, felt so accomplished making something from nowhere. So im thinking I need to start collecting fabrics like you. You seem to have you own “color wall” stash. How would you suggest I start collecting stacks like yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deb konopka says:

I’ve been doing a lot with gray laately as well.

Sandra H says:

Grey is the “new black” :)

EG says:

Love these colors so much!

Franziska says:

I love the combo. Totally my taste. I’d love to have such a nice stack.

Franziska says:

can you tell me the colour names of the solids you chose?

Suzanne says:

Others have asked, but I’ll do the same. Can you list the actual fabrics that are in this bundle, especially the solids? I’m new to bring and solid fabrics and there are so many out there that it is hard to buy online when there are 27 grays to look at. I love it when you share the fabrics names with us. It is SO helpful. Thanks a bunch.

Garilyn says:

LOVE the color choices. I can only dream of having a stash that I can pull from like that…

Renee says:

Love the oranges and greys, always a favourite for me
    Ren

Erica says:

Love this quilt! I have a process question for you: when you join your solid strips to obtain the 60″ or so of width across the quilt, do you join them end to end, or do you use the method of setting the strips at 90 degree angles and sewing across a 45 degree line, like a lot of people do with their binding strips? I am curious as to what you thinks work best – your top certainly looks flawless in the photos!

helen says:

Oh the colour combo is lovely, i especially like the mixes of grey tones – they are hard to get here in NZ!

Jenny Pedigo says:

I had to do a double take on your stack of fabrics…I think you’ve been snooping in my fabric closet! ;o)