la la la la llamas!

I didn’t know how much I loved llamas, at least, not until I saw Laurie Wisbrun’s newest collection, Llook! Llamas!. She has three fabulous new prints and a pillow panel (you can purchase them in her shop), and my oh my, those llamas are cute, and I love the coordinating flapdoodle hat and peruvian blanket prints.

I couldn’t wait to start cutting into these prints, so I immediately pulled out and paired them with a rainbow of fun and vibrant prints and solids.

Of course I wanted to feature those little llamas, so I fussy cut several of them, surrounded them with these fun prints, and then set all the blocks on point. I love the look of blocks set on point, and I think it’s quite fun with these prints (even echoing a bit of that peruvian blanket print!)

The finished quilt top is so bright and fun! And I am totally in love!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to la la la la llamas!

Christie says:

I love llamas too, and love this fabric! What a bright & colorful quilt!

Um I am in love with this. Your color choices are just fabulous and those llamas are darling.

Suzanne says:

I’m giggling! My six year old and nine year old are singing a funny song right now with the word llama in it. i will have to show them your quilt.

Cristina says:

Beautiful fabrics and veru funny quilt.
    kisses from Spain

Paige says:

Ahhh, this is so sweet. I love seeing what you used to coordinate with this line. I’m not very confident in my own color selection yet.

Margaret says:

Wow — what a fun, fun quilt!! I love the fabric choices and how you have made Lauri’s llama fabrics shine. Congrats on another fabulous project!

Beth says:

Love it! Especially the on point design. Those bright colors alsom make me happy! Smiles~Beth

Tanis says:

Love this! I didn’t know I felt so strongly about llamas either until I saw this quilt! Gorgeous. I need to work on building up my fabric stash so I can pull out such a beautiful collection of multicoloured prints whenever the mood strikes.

Justine says:

I want to eat it up! LLOVE THIS! (and I pinned it!)

elsa says:

Love this quilt! I once got nuzzled by a Lama ~ it was the most wonderful moment ~ he sniffed my face all over!

Nancy says:

Love the llama with glasses and the hats! Makes me :), thanks for sharing all your work and tutorials, such an inspiration.

What a fun quilt top. I can tell you had a blast making it too!

Martie says:

What great fabric and a gorgeous quilt!

Jennifer says:

This is so fun, and such a great use of Laurie’s llamas!

I was just thinking about (longing for) this print today, when my 3-year-old plunked her beloved fleece flap-hat on her head the INSTANT she got up…for the fourth morning in a row. She is obviously channeling these llamas!

Those llamas are so cute! What a great way to showcase them! I love the colors and prints you chose to use with them, it’s such a fun quilt!

Natalie says:

this is so stinkin’ cute! I love the design and colors!

Claire Jain says:

Oh it’s so cute! I’m having a llama love attack!

Katy says:

ROFL, llamas in glasses and hats, love it!

Kate Erbach says:

Your fabric gathering skills are incomparable. Love the look of this quilt. I’ve been looking at this fabric for weeks now. Maybe I should get some.

Linda says:

Ashley,

That is one gorgeous quilt! The colors are so vibrant, that they just smacked me in the face when I opened your site. They really brightened up the snowy landscape. The only down side is that there were no pictures of the adorable Max w/the quilt….so sad…

Shosh says:

I want this quilt.

Patti Parks says:

I love this quilt! I have a niece who has 2 llamas & this would be so cute for her! I wondered if the quilt pattern you used is one that can be bought as I would sure like to make this one?

oohh! I really love this color palette! richness and brightness together… It has the purples, oranges, and turquoises that I am so drawn to right now!

Lori Hudson says:

I just recieved my llamas fabric and pillow panel from Laurie’s shop! I love them! I’m thinking of using your converging corners tutorial to make blocks using Laurie’s llamas fabric. :)

Sally says:

I love the colors. As usual a great looking quilt.

Tammy says:

I had to go buy this fabric to make a quilt for my oldest daughter who is 21. SHE LOVES LLAMAS!!!

Pam says:

My daughter loves llamas, and I bought the pillow panel and some fabric so I can make a quilt for her.
    Your quilt looks great. I might have to borrow your quilt idea so that the yard I bought will be enough to make the quilt.

Emily L says:

It looks fantastic! Love the color combination and of course the Llama fabric is just too darn cute. Great job!!

kate says:

i love everything you do!! seriously you can’t go wrong!! you must think i’m mildly insane, with some of my previous comments… :) but i just can’t stop LOVIN’ on your blog! and this llama quilt top… well i just had to come out of the shadows and say something!! i absolutely adore it!

Claire says:

OMG….i’m so jealous of this quilt…especially the fabric.
    Everyday on the way to school my friends and me always drove past a llama farm and everyday we would yell “Llamas, llama, llama, llama, LLAMAS” and it didn’t matter what radio station was on, there would always be a prince song.
    You have convinced that I definitely need to get some of the fabric….thanks Ashley for the awesome quilt!! =)

kate says:

Wow! Is this beauty going to end up in your shop??

Karen says:

What a great way to feature the Llama fabric – My stack is still sealed in the bag and I’m too scared to cut into it. Now that I’ve seen what can be done, maybe I’ll be brave.

CathyC in Alberta says:

I love Laurie’s Llama fabric..however, trying to use more of my stash since $$ is tight this year. Might have to breakdown though!!

Cybele says:

I went and spent my pitiful quilting allowance on that awesome llama fabric after I saw this quilt. I hope it gets picked up by a larger fabric printer so I can afford to buy yards and yards! Until then I am loving the way you featured them as the block centers. very nice quilt!

35. Pingback: FITF: a lovely llama quilt (with llamas!) | Film in the Fridge

Krystina says:

I love this! Gosh i havent been by here in a long time and you have so many pretty quilts! Do you have a tutorial or do you know of any for making log cabin quilts? It’s such a classic quilt design but I’ve never tried it!