what’s on the (design) wall?

Since my actual design wall is covered with mini Liberty cross blocks I’ve started using the wall behind my sewing table as a makeshift design wall. I don’t know what kind of tape this is, but luckily it’s not doing any damage to the walls (which makes the person who’d have to repaint it if they damaged it (me!) happy!) And just look how bright and happy this wall is now!

In progress -

*bright and bold blocks to feature Laurie Wisbrun’s fabulously fun new Llama fabric (available in her shop)

*a great Lotta Jansdotter calendar given to me by Phiona (not a work in progress, obviously. It was there before the blocks started taking over the wall!)

*a couple improv blocks that ended up not working for me

*and more improv blocks in the style of Denyse Schmidt which will be the start of my quilt for the Traveling Quilts group. I’m calling it Manly Improv with a Pop of Pink.

So what’s on your (design) wall?

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to what’s on the (design) wall?

Emily says:

I love the llama blocks! I have Dresden plates in green & brown batiks in a variety of sizes on my design wall right now. I just wish the wall was bigger so I could lay out the whole quilt!

jo says:

Three solstice stars from the fresh lemons QAL. (Still haven’t completed the last 2) An ever growing string quilt which I am loving! Oh, and a lone orange bottled rainbows block which never got used but is so pretty I leave it up there.

Dawn says:

I don’t have a wall! Boo My design “floor” is covered in matchbox cars and legos. There was a fierce battle last night!

• 4
      romney says:

A wall would be a dream! I get an hour here and there to lay everything out on the floor, take some photos and pick it back up before the toys go down again. Everything crafty has to be easily assembled and packed at a moments notice.

Michelle says:

Oh my gosh, those llama blocks are amazing!! I’ve never seen that fabric before, but I’m in love with it! I lived in Peru for two years – that fabric brings back good memories. :) I just ordered myself a half yard each of the llamas and the hats. Thanks for sharing this link!

Heidi says:

Love your design wall and what you’ve got on it! Just posted about my sewing room today at http://fabricmutt.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-place.html . Now I just need to add a design wall other than, say, the floor… :)

Julia says:

I love it! What other fabrics are you using with the Llamas? I love the colors!! I think I spy some Aunt Edna….. (?)

Lucy says:

LOVE the llama blocks! I saw that fabric a couple weeks ago and had a hard time visualizing it in a project. But those color combinations are great and I love the fussy cutting!

Claire Jain says:

Oh my gosh, those fussy cut llamas are too much fun! I’ve got a baby quit going on my, er, design floor. It’s coming along well :-) I can’t wait to finish!

Katy says:

Heh, perfect solution! I’ve been eyeing up the wall next to my machine of late too…

Beth says:

LOVE your on point blocks…so colorful! I have a Dr. Seuss quilt in progress and some Granny Square blocks :) Smiles~Beth

carla says: