circa 52 stripes

Just a quick and easy strip quilt! I’ve been hanging onto this great fat quarter stack of the newish line by Monaluna for Birch Fabrics, Circa 52, for a while, and I’m happy to have come up with a fun way to use them.

These prints are so cute (and organic, which makes me love them even more!). I love the trees, and especially that cute forest print with the fox and bunting.

I wasn’t quite sure what other fabrics to pair with these prints, but after pulling out and auditioning many options, I was surprisingly pleased with these calming colors paired with a little bit of hot pink.

With Max crawling around and into almost everything, I needed something quick and easy, and this was just the ticket. I went with stripes, limiting myself to just 2″, 3″ and 4″ wide strips. I staggered the lengths, and alternated the widths of the strips as I went along. As a happy accident, a few of my strips ended up not quite long enough, so at the end I added a few vertical pieces to add to the length.

This quilt makes me very happy – I love the simple look, and I’m loving these colors, along with the variety of fun prints!

Circa 52 Organic is available at many shops, including Fabricworm, The Quilted Castle, Whipstitch and Sew Fresh Fabrics.

This entry was posted in baby, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to circa 52 stripes

Deanna says:

The quilt is almost as adorable as your son!

carla says:

yes the quilt is darling and so is baby : )

Linda says:

Love the quilt. It’s almost as adorable as Max…8-)

Marian says:

It’s so cute! I love the simple idea too, it turned out really great! Love the colors you paired with the organics!

that’s just gorgeous, the bright green solid really makes it. And the little man is looking so grown up!!

Freddie says:

I like the quilt. You are so good that you still manage to sew while looking after a little one. I pretty much gave up for a few years. My excuse was that they are only a year apart and I was unwell during my second pregnancy.

elsa says:

Max is so cute, he’s growing up so darn fast and like that quilt.

Kar says:

I think you did a fine job picking out all of those stripes. The quilt top is so bright and cheery. And look at Max! He is just getting too big. He’s as cute as ever. :)

ooo this is really a great looking/easy looking quilt. Love it with the pink!

Claire Jain says:

I can’t believe you just whipped this up. That is so cute!

niki says:

Love the quilt, but Max and his lion really made my day, as the lion’s hair looks just like mine in the morning!

Susan Snooks says:

The quilt is beautiful but the highlight for me in these photos is Max! He is SO cute!

Shannyn says:

Love the bright happy colours, and your little fella is ADORABLE!
    I have a Ruby charm pack I’m about to dive into, your colours were inspiring!

Katy says:

I just love the look of this fabric line, and looks like Max approves too!

Leslie says:

I love this new quilt! and I love the look of the blog! You are awesome!

Barb says:

What a cutie you have there, your quilt is adorable.

the jackpot says:

Who could notice the quilt with that cutie hanging out on it? Great job!

LeAnn says:

Love the colorful quilt — and that cute little Max, of course!

Lisa says:

Ok, that quilt is nice but, my goodness Max is a cutie!!

Cynthia says:

Wow! Max is getting so big. The quilt is darling, thanks for the great post!

Germaine says:

Love this quilt too — and that cutie little Max, he grows so fast!

Pippa says:

I love Birch fabrics! Great quilt top– and adorable photos ;)

Irene Gundersen says:

I’am a Norwegians follower. I love York quilts and The way You use Colors. My oldest daugther ( 14y) and I are making a quilt for her bed at this time. Inspired by your blog! Max is just wonderful. Hope You Will continue to inspire us! Irene 38 y -from Norway!

Anna says:

Your ability to be able to mix and match colours is amazing. It is the thing that gives me the most headaches burt I guess that is where the skill lies! Max is adorable but I also love the stacking animals. It would be great to know where these were from or the brand.

Yarny Days says:

I think this is a beautiful quilt! Love the fabric choices!

Stephanie J. says:

I love the quilt! I have made this style of baby quilt before. They go together so quickly and look so nice I think! I really love the fabrics you’ve used in it. So fresh and modern. Thanks for sharing!

So very cute. I love the addition of all the colors.

Bruna says:

Adorable! I love these colors and your son is really cute :)

31. Pingback: FITF: Circa 52 stripes quilt | Film in the Fridge