um, yeah, more patchwork

I had to do it… simple patchwork squares using one of my favorite fabric lines, Echo by Lotta Jansdotter. These are 6″ squares, sewn together for a nice large throw for the couch. I used all my favorite Echo prints along with a selection of solids – Kona Coal, Ash, Aqua, Lupine, along with Essex Linen in Gray, Aqua and Natural and a bit of Art Gallery Pure Elements in Linen White.

And I even already made a backing, so hopefully I’ll find a little time for quilting this weekend!

It looks like some shops have run out of many of the Echo prints, but you can still find most of the prints at these great shops - Marmalade Fabrics (where you can also find most of these coordinating solids too!), Nido, The Quilted Castle and Sew Modern

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to um, yeah, more patchwork

Dianne says:

It’s lovely! Fabulous job.

Michele says:

I’ve been hoarding my Echo. You’re inspiring me to chop into it!

Rebecca says:

i too have been hoarding my Echo :o) it does look lovely as patchwork. thanks for the names of the solids!

Marian says:

Never fear! Patchwork is my absolute favorite thing to make. I love it and have at least three patchwork projects in progress right now. I think it’s awesome, especially with such great fabrics as the collection you used. Wonderful! Patchwork makes me so happy!

Jennifer says:

Yes I love that fabric too. Wish I could get my hands on some!

Claire Jain says:

Yay patchwork! A favorite quilt of mine made by my great-grandmother is a simple patchwork. It looks so great! Even though the fabrics on their own are not so pretty, the overall effect is spectacular. Yay for us that we have cute fabric at our disposal and can start with the good stuff!

Kar says:

Love the colors you pulled together. Patchy quilts are my absolute favorite!

elsa says:

As soon a s Echo came out I grabbed all the fabrics in a yard bundle! It’s such a great line and love what you’ve done with yours. Still not sure what I’m doing with mine, but I know I’ll get some inspiration some time or other!

johnny b says:

I love simiple square patchwork quilts… This is the kind my grandma used to make. Simple, yet infused with love… I love it! thank you for sharing.

Jen says:

I love the simplicity and coziness of your new blanket! Great job!

Kris says:

Really like the solids that you paired with these lively prints. Great winter project!

SongBird says:

I love this, but it does leave me with a question. (Well, I’ve had the question for a while.)

When you do your patchwork quilts, do you just start sewing squares together, willy nilly, hoping that they’ll end up balanced at the end, or do you arrange all of them first on a quilt wall/convenient floor/your cute child?

Regardless of method, this is a lovely quilt!

SongBird

Katy says:

Oooh, pretty! I’d been holding off on the Echo, but then I realised shops were selling out, so I leapt in and bought the entire line in half yards when I saw it (and thank you Santa for the money to do so!)

Suzanne says:

Patchwork is GOOD!

Amy Bouchard says:

I absolutely love everything you post on here! Keep it up!

ali says:

Hi! I discovered your blog a few days ago and love it! You are so creative and full of life. :) your soon is adorable and a wonderful model. Thank you for blogging!

Lindsey says:

I’m drooling…..echo AND typewriters!!! Beautiful!!

Pippa says:

Beautiful! Sometimes very simple patchwork is just the best…

Joelle Nelson says:

Absolutely love these patches! I was thinking of trying to put together a t-shirt quilt for my daughter using a printed fabric (gray) for the backgroundand use these patches as a border to frame the quilt. I have absolutely no talent when it comes to sewing and was wondering if you make quilts for customers? Please let me know, as I would be very interested…you obviously are very talented!

I am loving the Echo line. I love Lotta and was so excited to see her come out with a fabric line. I have been debating what style quilt would really do her fabrics justice, really love your choice and might copy you!