a winner, a bit of sewing, and a bit of knitting!

So first, how about that winner? Thanks to you all for checking out Lauren’s shop and for leaving all those great comments. I’m so happy to hear that so many of you have quilts planned for your next project! Many of you mentioned the same quilt alongs that I’m also hoping to start if I can find the time (I’ll link to them here in case I can convince anyone else to take on an extra project or two!) –

Sparkle Punch quilt along
Swoon Along
Made in Cherry quilt along

Anyway… the winner, as selected by good old random.org is #83, Sarah, who plans to make a quilt for her mom inspired by the sunrise on her drive to work. Congrats Sarah!

I couldn’t get this combo out of my head, and just knew I wanted to see it as patchwork. These are 6″ squares, and came together so quickly!

I wanted the typewriter print to be the focus, so I added in lots of solids, as well as several other basics, including those gorgeous (and super soft, I might add!) circles from Laurie Wisbrun’s new Modern Whimsy line. I’m quite happy with this one, and especially love that Melody’s great print inspired this fun color combo!

At night I’ve still been doing a bit of knitting. It seems I’ve graduated from the straight scarves of my past to cowls. As with scarves, I just keep making more. At some point I hope to try a sweater, but until then, there may just be a couple more cowls in my future. It’s Vermont, after all! This is the Dovetail cowl, and you can find details over here on Ravelry.

And of course I had to get Max to model it again. He wasn’t so psyched about this one – I only got him to sit still by bribing him with puffs, which he then couldn’t get to his mouth what with this big cowl in the way! Luckily he’s a pretty good sport!

This entry was posted in Fabric, Knitting, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to a winner, a bit of sewing, and a bit of knitting!

ellen patton says:

I LOVE the quilt!!! I need some of that cool typewriter fabric!

Ashley, it’s just lovely! The scale, the prints, the colors… wonderful!

Annie says:

oh my goodness. I LOVED that fabric when you shared it — but I love this quilt top even more. absolutely LOVE the colours. thank you for inspiring Ashlely :)

Luisa says:

Love the typewriter print and the colors all together. Enjoy the knitting you can never have enough cowls.

Paige says:

I’m stalking the mail carrier because I ordered a fat quarter bundle from Fabricworm including that typewriter print!

Krystina says:

The quilt is LOVELY!

Megan says:

Beautiful! LOVE the typewriters! I have some chicken soup fabric…hmmmmm. And I really like the Made In Cherry quilt! STOP IT MEGAN! I’m already doing Oh Fransson and the Star quilt-along…oh what’s another one! Thanks!

Beth says:

Love the quilt and the cowl is fabulous! Max is such a good model ;) Smiles~Beth

What a perfect fussy cut idea!

I love the sizing and colors that complement the typewriter!

Molly says:

That quilt is so charming! Gorgeous colors. I just got some of the Ruby Star Shining typewriters and it’s my favorite fabric ever:)

Kerry says:

Squares are simple but can be so effective, the circles echo the typewriter keys, absolutely love it!

Absolutely love this colour combination & of course the typewriter focus … WOW!

Jeannette says:

So sweet. I love making my 18 mo BOY model scarfs and such… they are the best!

YC says:

Oh man. Those puffs are amazing as baby-bribes. Mine will do /anything/ about for “Puhh! Puuh!!” He (@18mo) has since graduated from one or two at a time to cramming as many as his little fist can pick up at once. (I tried one; they’re pretty tasty so I guess I don’t blame the little ones.)

Oh no, now I want to completely scrap my fabric choices for the made in cherry quilt along and use typewriters. I don’t even have any typewriter fabric!

texheks says:

Love the quilt, the colors of it and the type-writers!
    Love your knitwork as well…

Nichole says:

What is that super cute looking outfit Max is wearing? I love those stripes!

{{ beautiful cowl, by the way! }}

Liz Arrow says:

ohmygosh…that typewriter quilt top is awesome! What a great use of the typewriter fabric! Love the cowl, too!

LeAnn says:

I’ve been coveting that typewriter fabric — love your color choices for the patchwork piece. And the cowl is fantastic.
    Little Max is SO adorable.

my favorite color combos. this would be super cute for the made in cherry quilt.

Sandy K says:

Thanks for the size of the blocks….I wondered how big the typewriters were from your other post. Great cowl!

carla says:

Okay so I just may have to do the Made in Cherry quilt. Very fun!

Rachel says:

Love the colors of your typewriter quilt! So calm and soothing!

Lauren says:

You have such an eye for color! Love the quilt – and the cowl, too!

Katharine says:

So, so love the quilt. Not only is it my favourite colour combination but those typewriters are so lovely. I can a typewriter quilt in my future.

annabelle says:

Max looks amazing! Love the knitted cowl. xx

Alli says:

That is an aDOrable picture of Max the model! :):)

Melissa says:

Hi Ashley. I have been following your blog since this past summer and I LOVE your work. I have never seen that you knit also, until this post. I want to get back into knitting and I am new (sort of, have only been here 4 years) to the area. Do you know of any knitting groups? Looking to socialize and knit. Thanks!

Erin says:

Love the colors on the quilt! And the grey cowl….I wish I knit! I may send it to my mom, who does! :) Thanks for sharing your pretty things!