rubik’s crush pattern

Hi! Just a quick little post today, since we just returned home from vacation and I’m in the midst of all that post-vacation stuff (you know, the unpacking, putting away, loads and loads of laundry… the part I like least about traveling!)

Anyway, do you remember my Rubik’s Crush quilt? It was included in 101 Patchwork Projects + Quilts (great gift ideas in there, in case you’re like me and slow in getting to your holiday making!). I was so happy to hear that it was also just included in a free Quilting Daily eBook! So in case you wanted to add another quilt to your list, head over here to download the free eBook with complete instructions for putting together the Rubik’s Crush quilt. It’s a relatively quick quilt to make, so you might be able to squeeze one in before Christmas, just in case there’s someone on your list who needs a handmade quilt!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to rubik’s crush pattern

M-R says:

Oh wow, I haven’t seen this before! I LOVE it! Will definitely be adding it to my bucket list. Thanks for sharing it!

Staci says:

Oh, now aren’t you fabulous to send us over there! Your quilt is fantastic!

Kara says:

LOVE that quilt!!! Just pinned it and the tutorial link; thanks for sharing! :)

Great quilt! However 16 days isn’t nearly enough time for me to get through a quilt so… I’ll have to put it on my list for a gift for someone NEXT Christmas. Beautiful picture. Enjoy being HOME!

Kar says:

Thanks for the link Ashley! I have admired your quilt for awhile now. I will have to make one after Christmas. :)

Fran says:

Hello, somehow I missed that first time around! I love it, love those big panels of fabric, what a beautiful range!

Rachel B. says:

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the e-book. Looks like a great quilt to work on for myself once I am done making Christmas presents.

Suzanne says:

What a fun quilt!

Claire Jain says:

Oh my! That’s such a pretty quilt. I’m downloading the ebook and adding this to my projects list. Fun! Thanks so much for sharing.

Katy says:

Oh wow, that’s fab, thank you!

Tracy says:

I’m actually making one just like it for a Christmas present. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer G says:

I love-love-love this quilt, it warms my heart. Thanks for sharing your pattern! I have some Ruby Heirloom and some LouLouThi stashed that may be begging to be used for this! LOVE IT! Thanks!!!!

I love this quilt! Got the e-book and heading off to get it pinned.

Stunning! I may have to add this to my list too! I have a few sets of FQs I’ve been hoardig so what better project that this?

Hope you had a great vacation!

VickiT says:

Oh thank you very much for the heads up. I hadn’t read that email from Quilting Daily yet but I LOVED this quilt when you posted before. I have a secret project quilt and bought the fabrics prior to learning too much about quilting so I had no idea that it would be a problem. I bought all fabrics with large prints and cutting them down smaller is impossible so this may be an answer for me. Thank you.

Eileen Snee says:

Congratulations on getting your quilt pattern published. You have such a gift for designing beautiful quilts. I look forward to making one just like it. Thank you for the e-book.

Congrats on having a quilt pattern published. This has always been one of my most favorities of yours. Thank you for your generosity in sharing it with us. I love the pattern, the prints you choose. It is just sublime!

18. Pingback: 100 Days – Week of Prints – Featured Quilt 5 « The Modern Quilt Guild

19. Pingback: Rubik’s Crush | Block Party Club

Cathy Clark says:

I love the Rubik’s Crush pattern, and I tried to make it (in blues) but stopped because my version doesn’t look too promising. Do you know anyone else who’s made one? (My problem is my 1/4 inch seam apparently isn’t too consistent, the squares don’t line up properly in the little sashed 9 patch units… I keep looking at it and wondering if there is a foolproof way to make those units come out right. At this point, I may rip and resew, but I’m worried the result will be the same.) Any hints you may have would be greatly appreciated.