hey, I knit something!

Two things, actually.

I’ve seen so many of these lovely Honey Cowls online – it was about time I made one!

It’s a wonderful free pattern from Madelinetosh, found here, or here on Ravelry.

It was fun to knit, and  a great project to get me back into knitting. I used this lovely Swans Island yarn, purchased locally at Nido.

And then I had even more fun letting Max model it for me. He looks pretty cute in an oversized cowl.

My next project was a winter hat for Max. I made one for him recently, but failed to accurately calculate his head size. This one is the Swirl Hat pattern – quick and easy!

Let’s hope he’ll keep it on once we return home to winter!

This entry was posted in Knitting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to hey, I knit something!

Suzanne says:

That’s TWO things! :-) They are both great finishes. Congrats!

Vickie says:

I may have to follow your lead…I want to learn to knit!!! That is my goal for next year! :) Love these…especially that cute little hat on that cute little head! Ha!

Katy says:

Both creations are very cute, and they both look great on Max :D

Tanis says:

Beautiful knits! I’m now convinced that all babies should always wear big, oversized cowls. Adorable!

Luisa says:

The cowl is beautiful! Max looks cute in it too so cozy :)

Dorrie says:

I so need to learn to knit, it’s the left-handed thing which gets in the way! Beautiful projects; and it’s so fun to watch Max grow! He’s adorable!

Karen says:

Both beautiful!! I think you might be onto a new trend with that “baby” cowl– too cute!!

Lori says:

beautiful scarf and love the hat too!

Faith says:

Love your cowl!! And yeah, looks adorable on Max. :) Did you do the short version or the long version?

Both of your knits are gorgeous, and the baby’s not bad either (he does look fabulous in the purple cowl!!). Great work!

Linda S says:

Your Max is seriously handsome. Nice knitting too ; )

Cindy says:

Wow, great job Ashley- they look gorgeous!! And that Max- oh my- is he ever getting big and still a living doll- it’s okay to call him a doll isn’t it? :) He’s a cutie and going to break some hearts when he grows up! I haven’t knitted in quite awhile now but this cold weather moving in is sure pushing the hibernation mode in gear!!:) I should give it a try!! Thanks for sharing!!

Casey says:

both are beautiful! are you on ravelry?

Kersten says:

I am just barely learning how to knit and LOVE THIS HAT! I might have to try making one for each of my wee little ones.

BTW, I love your blog! I found it not too long ago and LOVE your style of quilting!

Kersten
    FrozenKnickers

CitricSugar says:

Beautiful! Love the yarn you chose – the colours…

I haven’t finished mine yet, but maybe I’ll have to get cracking on it again.

Jen says:

I think you did a great job. These are fabulous. I have tried knitting, but I just never fell in love with it, but I admire everyone who has the patience for it. That cowl is a good idea to use in place of a scarf that would come undone all the time. Lovely color too!

Leisa says:

Love the pictures of Max and your knitting is wonderful! I just don’t have that talent… at all!! Jealous!

Claire Jain says:

Oh my! Both of these projects turned out so great! I love the colors as well. I would love to make both of these projects.

Jaime says:

I am actually in the middle of (re)making that hat for my niece. You did not miscalculate the head size; the pattern is flawed. I’d say the pattern is accurate for the listed head circumference, but is way off for what ages are associated with those.

anna says:

dude, you’re so crafty. I love the colors you used and that spiral hat is just so so cute. someday I’ll learn to knit…

Marianne says:

The cowl is so beautiful. I love your color choice, and Max, I am overwhelmed with cuteness!

24. Pingback: Productive! | chukichi