busy quilting!

If you don’t see me here this week, it’s because I’m buried under this big quilt!

I am so excited to finally be quilting this one (it’s been a long time coming!). I absolutely can’t wait to have it on my bed!

Here’s hoping Max will take some good naps so I can sneak in a little quilting time!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to busy quilting!

I love…love your fabric you used. Its very happy!!! I love Happy Feeling Quilts. And It make me feel Happy when I look at it!!! I’ll be doing the same thing today myself. My Quilt has…. Bright colors and a little Christmas in it. Have a great day Quilting :D

Meredith says:

It’s great to see pics of what it looks like to do all of that quilting. I haven’t taken on a full size quilt yet myself and I’m a bit intimidated by the process. It helps seeing your machine amid all that fabric. I love the colors! Can’t wait to see the final product.

Annie says:

This looks stunning already! I know that quilting a quilt that big can be physically exhausting – stay strong!

Megan says:

I’ll send good nap wishes your way if you send them over here, too! That quilt is gorgeous, can’t wait to see it finished!

EG says:

It’s going to be great! Love that sky blue fabric with branches on it that we got a glimpse of!

Donna SHQ says:

looks like another to “favorite” – love all the colors. I’ll be watching for the finish… :-)

Margaret says:

First of all, love your blog and am a subscriber :)….I don’t see any pins, how did you baste this to hold it in place? I would be willing to tackle machine quilting something this big but not sure how to get it to ‘stay’ in place. Any ideas?

I love that you use a Pfaff too! I love mine. I’ve had my mom’s old one for over 30 years and just recently got a new one! My dad is an upholsterer and has used commercial machines for over 50 years! Love your blog.

Annie says:

I can’t wait to see it too! It looks so cheerful!

Katy says:

Wow, I’m surprised you can even see what you’re quilting, go you!

Well it looks mighty nice right there on your sewing machine so I’m sure it will be awesome on your bed!

Jessica says:

can’t wait to see it all finished!!! it looks amazing!! :)

Kar says:

Love all that colorful scrappiness you have going there. Awesome!

Gari says:

Such a bright and happy quilt. I love going to bed and sleeping under this kind of quilt.

terriaw says:

How fun to be in the midst of quilting this beauty! I bet it feels good to get in your zone while working away. Enjoy!

LeAnn says:

Love your colors! That’s a big project! I’m a scaredy cat when it comes to free motion machine quilting.

Cindy says:

Ohhh, it’s gorgeous!! Love the colors!! I too would be so afraid to tackle something this big- hopefully some day! :)

Hope naps are plentiful and you get some quilting time in. I spoil myself with full quilting days when the boy is at school and I have the day off.

The quilt looks lovely!

Terri at Fresh Thyme Studio says:

I am a beginning quilter and I have been reading your blog for months. I love how you create your own patterns and style which is what I want to do. Thanks for your weekly inspirations and knowledge of fabrics! This is a beautiful, joie de vivre quilt.

Jodieth says:

Wow, this one looks really pretty and bright! Hope you get a lot of nap times.