zig zag progress…

I’m still working away on this scrappy zig zag quilt. Somehow it’s ended up much larger than I intended, and now seems to measure wider than its total length… hmm…

I do love all the scrappy goodness! And in fact, I’m kind of already thinking about another version – maybe out of scraps of a single color? Though I should probably finish this one up before dreaming of duplicates!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to zig zag progress…

Elaine says:

It looks like there will be a lot of fun quilting room on this quilt. Can’t wait to see it.

I love your colourful,scrappy zigzags – they appeal to me more than totally organized, rigid ones.

it’s lovely! I like all the colors!

Megan Fiely says:

You are an inspiration! Do you ever use a pattern, or does this stuff just arrive to you in a dream? I’d love to see a post about your design philosophy!

Melissa says:

I’ve been thinking about making a wall hanging (swore I would NEVER hang a quilt) and when I saw your scrappy zig zag idea I HAD to do it. I made it today but want to wash it first. I’ll have to email you a picture. I’ve been following you since you first began but never contacted you. I need to get a blog to show off some of the quilts you and others have inspired me to sew!!

Paige says:

It looks great. I just finished a top with a lot of negative space like this (not zig zag). Now I’m not sure how to quilt it.

Marianne says:

LOVE the zigzags! What are you thinking for quilting in the white space? Have you thought of using an applique there?

Erin M. says:

I’ve had a couple of things in my head that use this pattern idea as well. I think it’s something about strips/stripes but also something more to add to the pattern. Love it.

Dalya says:

It’s huge and pretty! I love/adore/admire your use of scraps! I often see scraps all “prettyfied” and it’s a little discouraging as I don’t want to spend time prettyfying scraps :)
    Thanks for the inspiration and ideas!

Fi says:

You totally inspired me and I am making a scrappy zig-zag quilt in bolts of aqua and red. It is looking pretty fabulous so far.