stripes + dots

A bit of new fabric found its way into the house recently –

It’s Children at Play by Sarah Jane, and I think it’s wonderful. I particularly love those stripes, which I may have purchased in every color. I also can’t resist a good polka dot. (purchased here and here)

I’ve already cut into some of the stripes for yet another pair of pants for Max. He keeps growing right out of each pair I make! These are a bit bigger all around, and I added a few inches in length, so hopefully they’ll last for a little while. (Would it be overkill to make a pair in each of the stripes? probably…)

And speaking of that little cutie, I can’t resist showing a couple of photos from this week.

He certainly loves that thumb! Unfortunately, he’s started waking a couple times in the middle of the night (just when I was starting to get really used to a full night’s sleep!) and he doesn’t seem to find his thumb at that time. I’m hoping it’s just a phase (4 month sleep regression?) and hopefully he’ll return to a better sleeping schedule soon. I can hope, right?

As far as this weekend, here’s my to do list –

Perhaps a bit ambitious… We shall see!

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to stripes + dots

Kara says:

I know you’ve said before that you don’t think he looks like you but, honey, you can’t deny it in that first picture! He is YOURS! :)

Jennifer C. says:

So flippin’ cute!

Kat says:

Yep, four month sleep regression. We’re just coming out of it, here (at five months). There will be a point when you realize the waking has become a habit and not a need… and then you can take steps to help poor Max sleep again. Until then, hang on!

Kar says:

Loving all those stripes and polka dots! The pants are just too cute. But Max steals the show. You can see both you and Morgan in him. Makes you melt. :)

Connie says:

Your adorable little guy looks so cuddly — love those big brown eyes.

Erica says:

Those stripes are amazing, and they are perfect as little pants! I fully support one in each color! :)

faith says:

Oh gosh, I love these fabrics and want to go get some for myself. And, your little one is so sweet. Even my four year olds who are sitting with me said “can we buy him?” “no sillies. just the fabric.” :)

Mary says:

Probably teething or getting ready to eat solids soon…they start gettin’ hungry.

Laurie says:

I just sat down with a stack of Children at Play fabrics to start on a quilt for a friend who is having a little boy. Before I got started, I thought I’d pop on your blog for a little inspiration and found this post about the Children at Play line! How funny!

Paige says:

Oooh, you’re right. Those stripes are great!

Emmmylizzzy says:

I just picked up some of the Sarah Jane balloon print – i love it soooo much! Good luck with the sleeping – 4 months is when it got really rough for us too. We ended up sleep training with Ferber’s method (Healthy sleep habits, healthy child), and it was the BEST parenting decision we ever made. My daughter is now 2 years old and still sleeps 14 hours a night and goes down without a peep – woo hoo!

anna says:

so cute! dang those stripes look awesome! :) have fun on your to-do list.

Cindy says:

Love the little pants- I need to get my hands on some of that fabric! Love the pics of Max- he’s just too cute!! I think I would just sit around and look at him all day- he’s so adorable!!

LeAnn says:

Yup. Love those stripes and that cute, cute, cute baby Max.

Tonya Albers says:

I look forward to every post you do – and that Max is one beautiful boy!! :)

sudi-Laura Overstreet says:

How do you stand it? He is SOOOO cute! I am making the Saltwater Taffy quilt with the pinks section of the Children at Play line, and it is looking great. Love the entire line!

Jessica B says:

What cute pants and great fabric finds.

MBMeadows says:

Sleeping issues could be a growth spurt. Routines seem to change up a bit during them. I love the pants! I’d shamelessly make them in every stripe and perhaps a coupla polka dots too. You could always make some for next spring/summer!

Emily says:

oh, boy! those stripes are perfect for little boy clothes!! Lovin’ the pics of Max! He’s way cute!!!!

Andrea says:

Sara Jane is my fabric obsession du jour too! I have a stack pretty similar to yours, though I am quite partial to the little boys with rockets myself. I love how multiethnic the kids are in the prints, which works out well for my nephews and nieces! Sara Jane for everyone this Christmas! I am making some of Rae’s BIg Butt Pants out of the aqua stripe for my own little guy. Max is a doll!

Jo says:

I’m hearing you on the sleep thing. my 7mth old was sleeping through for 2 months, now wakes once or twice every night and is up for breakfast at 4.30/5am. by the time he goes back to sleep at 6am, the big one is up! It is like a tag team! Love the pants and Max gets cuter by the minute!

It’s such a cute line for a little boy. Your striped pants are adorable.

Kara Smith says:

I make all my boys pants too and what I do is make them a size or two longer than they need to be and them hem them 2-3 extra times with a basting stitch. I find that because the boys grow “up” much faster than they grow “out” I don’t need to change the waist at all, but as they outgrow the length I just pull out the basting stitches and let them down one. This way they get to wear the same pants 2-3 times longer than if I just made them the one length.

Ana says:

Have you tried offering Max a drink of water? I’ve found our baby often goes to back to sleep much more quickly (night time and naps) if he has a quick slurp from a bottle of water (with a teat on of course, he’s only 6 months!), so perhaps thirstyness is keeping Max awake.