4 months

Max is 4 months old today! (Everyone warned us how quickly it would happen, and it’s true — I can’t quite believe four months have already passed!) As of his 4 month check-up, he’s now 28″ tall (99th percentile) and just shy of 16 pounds (60th percentile). I haven’t been very good about keeping a baby book, so I have to include this info here so at least I know I can find it in the future!

Anyway, I’ve been having fun taking Max’s monthly photos on a different quilt each month. I don’t think I’ve shown any yet, so here’s a little mosaic of the first 4 months…

1. 4months, 2. 3months, 3. 2months, 4. 1month

This entry was posted in baby and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to 4 months

Max is just the sweetest – enjoy every minute!

Carol says:

An absolute doll! I love seeing new pictures of Max!

Kate Erbach says:

I mean r-e-a-l-l-y how cute can he be?

sudi-Laura Overstreet says:

He is so beautiful,and clearly going to be a knock out when he gets older :-)

Jeannette says:

Starting to look like a baby instead of a newborn! Isn’t it amazing how quickly they grow? I can’t believe mine is 13 months… wait, wasn’t I just pregnant? As for the stats and keeping track, I do two things (not necessarily both all the time) 1) put them in a google calendar on the date of the doc appt, and/or 2) my doctor give out these sheets of what to expect, blah blah blah… but they write the stats at the top for each visit… I stick those in a photo archival box along with other mementos.

ruth says:

Max is adorable and so are the quilts. What a great combo!

Kathy says:

That’s quite a good looking quilt model you have there! What a cutey!

Angela says:

Aw, he is the sweetest little man. That was a quick four months! Love the pictures with the quilts, such a fun idea!

Laura Baker says:

He has the greatest smile and wrinkle in his nose. Just the cutest!! I finally got to make the stuffed squares for my great grandson who arrived yesterday. We made a quilt for mom and him to share at her shower based on your designs as she was quite taken by them when I showed them to her. I will take pics when I visit at the end of this month.

Liz says:

What a great way to feature two kinds of made-by-you masterpieces in one photo! love these!

Beth says:

He is getting so big! LOVE the Hope Valley quilt (I thought it was for your brother?!). Happy 4 months to Max.
    Smiles
    ~Beth

Kim says:

He’s a sweetie! He reminds me of my son. He was always 90-95th percentile for height but right in the middle for weight. I will warn you now…finding pants long enough but small enough in the waist is a challenge as they get older. You might find your sewing skills coming in handy!

Emily says:

He is so STINKIN’ CUTE!!!

Amanda says:

awwww… he looks like such a little man in his latest photos!

Molly says:

I wouldn’t worry about a baby book, so much of him is right here on this blog. Thanks for sharing.

Jan says:

Such a great idea to photograph your cutie on your quilts. I must say that he would be even more adorable in a Yankees tee!

Kate says:

AYKM with that face?? And what a wonderful way to record your quilts… love it.

simone says:

So precious and what a smile!!!

Suzanne says:

I let myself off the hook with the baby book when I established my blog. It made me feel good to know it was recorded somewhere just as you have done. :-)

CJ says:

Such a cutie!! Growing up so fast too.

Laura says:

he is seriously the cutest thing ever!

Amber H says:

I gotta ask.. what brand of cloth diapers do you use? I use them too, so when I see other moms using cloth diapers I want to know the brands they are using!

• 23
      ashley says:

Hi Amber,

We’ve been using a variety of cloth diapers – mostly Grovia (what he’s wearing in the photos above), Oh Katy, and Fuzzibunz.

• 24
        kelly jo says:

I was getting ready to ask the same question – which are your favorite? I can’t decide which brand to buy as my little guy is quickly outgrowing his size small Fuzzi Bunz and I don’t like their one size ones very much.

• 25
          ashley says:

I’m sure this will change as he changes, but right now my favorites are the Oh Katy diapers. They make up the majority of our stash and I never have to worry about leaking with those diapers. We’re using his small Fuzzibunz for night (stuffed with a hemp liner as well), but he’s about to grow out of them (and I hear you on not liking their one sized – I haven’t yet been able to find the right settings to avoid leaks!). I like the Grovia all in twos, but Max seems to have sensitive skin, and for some reason these tend to bother him if he wears them for too long. Hope this helps!

• 26
      Jeannette says:

Heheh… I wanted to ask the same thing as we also cloth diaper. :) Just didn’t want to get too weird.

Carol says:

What a sweetheart and that smile…….WOW!

Alice R. says:

Wow! How grownup he looks! Beautiful quilts, too.

Aditi says:

He looks so different now from his very early pictures… and he looks more like you now too. :) What a cute little guy!

Mary Jo says:

He looks like he is so happy.
    I have been showing his picture to a friend who has a daughter about the age. Who knows ?

Emily says:

I love how adorably cute Max is!!!! Love watching him grow, too!!

Connie says:

What a melt-your-heart smile! Thanks for the pictures — now I have to go back and look at your quilts!

Jill B says:

That smile you captured in the first photo is just too precious! Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous quilts and your gorgeous boy with all of us :).

Melissa says:

Max is just adorable- and he looks like such a big boy in his latest pictures! He sure is growing fast!

brandi says:

what a cutie!!! are those gdiapers I spy? do you love them? I am about to have my first and we are planning to use them ….

• 38
      ashley says:

Those diapers in the photos are the grovia all in twos. we haven’t tried the gdiapers yet…
      I wrote a bit more about the kinds we use above if you’re interested

• 39
      Jeannette says:

I thought we would use gDipes too… ended up really disliking them. If you can, try to find a diaper trial pack (jilliansdrawers.com does them). You get a bunch of different kinds of dipes and you get to try them for almost nothing for 30 days. This is how we found out that bumGenius AIOs were for us. :)

Megan says:

Maybe we should just betrothe (is that a word??) Max and Olivia now? At least then we’d know they’d have a house full of quilts to keep them warm;)

CitricSugar says:

That baby is so stinkin’ cute! Time does fly – my nephew turned seven months this weekend and I can’t believe how big he is…

Max is really coming into his own. I am diggin’ his smiley baby boy look! Great pix.

Marianne says:

Baby on a Blanket… you should make a photo calendar!

Jeanne says:

OMG, he is such a doll! My twin grandbabies just turned 1 in July. Time does fly. Love the Red Sox t-shirt, we live in Hope Valley, RI and are HUGE Red Sox fans!!! Beautiful quilts as well.

Tanis says:

Beautiful! I love the monthly photo’s on quilts. What a great idea! Max has such a great head of hair, he’s adorable.

LeAnn says:

Love the Max photos! He is such a happy baby!

Sue. says:

Max is such a beautiful child!

niki says:

Oh, isn’t it fun to have the courage to look into a camera and not pose. Your little guy is soooo much fun. No poses for him. Just joy! You seem to have a handle on mother-hood and after viewing your video of soft toys for kids (my title, not yours), he has a marvelous father. God bless your whole family. Keep doing what you’re doing and Max will grow into a positive mix of you both, which is pretty impressive!

Sara Hill says:

Cutest boy ever!!! Fun to watch him grow too!!

Kerry Sterns says:

Your son is adorable! I come to your site for him now with the bonus of your beautiful quilting. Thank you for sharing Max with us.

Beth says:

What a cute baby! I think the idea of making a calendar with Max and his quilts as the star.

Louisa says:

I love the idea of using quilts for backgrounds of baby pictures.

Rita says:

I am so enjoying watching Max grow. He’s absolutely divine and I am glad to hear that he has also taken a liking to fabric and quilts!

Sandy N. says:

What a doll! He is so stinkin cute! He is going to be a heartbreaker for sure! Thanks for sharing pictures of him so often. I love to see how he is growing and changing.

Claudia says:

that is the sweetest little face i’ve ever seen!