a mobile out of fabric scraps

Just a cheap and cheerful little project. And a way to use up a few more fabric scraps! (love that!)

Max absolutely loves his fish mobile which hangs over his crib. He can spend quite a long time chatting it up with them as they spin around. I’ve wanted to get him a second mobile for him to look at while he’s downstairs, but kept thinking that I should make one.

Well, yesterday was that day – I grabbed a few fabric scraps and cut out some heart shapes. I sewed them together, sewing in a thin ribbon at the top of the heart. Then I just tied each heart to the inside of a wooden embroidery hoop and tacked it to the ceiling.

If I had spent more time on it, I might have made it look a bit more professional and a little less, um, thrown together, but I’m actually pretty happy with it overall. I like that it took literally no time, it used up some scraps and other craft supplies I already had on hand, and best of all, Max totally loves it.

Yay for quick projects! (Especially when they provide so much entertainment!)

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to a mobile out of fabric scraps

Karin says:

Brilliant idea and so cute!

Molly says:

I say this everytime you post a picture of Max so here I go again …. he is the most ADORABLE boy on the planet!! Seriously.

Faith says:

What a great idea! Max certainly likes it! What a cutie!

Lana says:

I think it is perfect! Great idea and love the MAX YAY picture! He is so cute! I love coming here just to see him!

DianeY says:

So cute! The only thing cuter is the quilt on the floor with the prescious little boy on top of it!

Michele says:

So darling! Max just gets cuter and cuter. How do you put him down?!

Are you kidding – “thrown together” is perfect here! Cute project and always even cuter baby!!!

charlotte says:

sometimes the things our kids love best are the ones just simply thrown together without a lot of hoopla. nice job!

Melissa says:

Teaching him young to love fabric :)

lisa says:

i am awed that you get so much done with a baby around!

i started a quilt for my son before he was born and finished it when he was twelve. and nothing else got done in between! skipped a couple of showers and tooth brushings, too.

you are amazing!

Lianne says:

Maybe you could also put those rustle fabrics and bells in the hearts so they can listen too and get that extra stimulation? My daughter was never interested in her mobile :( baby-on-the-way might be more interested though so we’ll see :)

Beth says:

Love the mobile but Max is just SO cute!!! Love seeing those baby smiles! My boys are past the baby stages :(

Amy Newbold says:

Please, please, please post more pictures of your adorable baby! He’s a billion% adorable!

Perfect!!! He looks entirely happy with his new heart mobile. Way to go, Mommy!!!

Nova says:

so sweet & simple! love it :)
    gorgeous pics of Max too!
    x

I absolutely love the mobile. I’m going to do this for my next child, for sure. But what I really love… that quilt! I love the greys with the pops of color.

Suzanne says:

Not cheap…it’s resourceful. And adorable. I may need one for my office. :-)

Jessica says:

It’s totally cute! It looks like Max loves it too. His face in the last picture is precious! Hope you have a great weekend!

LeAnn says:

How cute! Love the mobile and the quilt — and adorable little Max, of course!

Frances says:

The most adorable thing I have seen all day next to my little guy! And the paint color in that room is marvelous!

niki says:

I agree with Molly. Max is definitely “the most ADORABLE boy on the planet”! Every time I see a picture of him a break into a big, goofy grin. I don’t know what it is about him…he just makes me smile.

Terri says:

Cute idea! I’m always looking for fun new ways to use scraps. I don’t need a baby mobile, BUT this would still be fun to have in our house for decoration. I do love seeing Max mesmerized by the fun shapes and colors! Thanks for sharing.

Molly says:

I love handmade mobiles! Yours is adorable:)

Max is such a beautiful little boy! The girls are going to be banging down your door before long!

LOVE the mobile!

Jill says:

Very cute…but can you see that the heart shapes are oriented towards your view and not cutie pie Max’s?

Annalia says:

I have to say – your blog is even better with an adorable baby in it! :)

Kate says:

You have just completely brightened my day today… beautiful sewing projects AND an adorable baby!! Thanks so much for that!! :D

31. Pingback: Mercoledì 10 Agosto 2011 | Mamma Felice