It seems as though I started this quilt quite a while ago, and indeed, when I just looked back to find the original post (which is yes, titled exactly the same – I’m not feeling creative this morning!), I see that it was almost an entire year ago!
The fact that it took me so long to finish has more to do with the fact that this was one of those tops that ended up in the closet waiting for a backing. I was going to purchase yardage of the scooters, but never got around to it, and then when I pulled it out again recently, I realized that I had some pretty good sized chunks of each print left over and decided to use these large pieces for the backing instead. I love how it turned out, and I love that I was able to use up nearly every scrap of each fat quarter!
These lovely prints are from the Monaco line by Jennifer Moore of Monaluna. I think they’re great fun, and I love this color palette for either a boy or a girl. And on top of that, it’s made of 100% organic cotton. (As a side note, Jennifer also has a couple new organic lines out since this one – Marin and Anika. I’m looking forward to showing you a cute pair of baby pants made out of one of the prints from the Anika line!)
I had a fat quarter of each of these prints and decided to go with an old favorite – my spotted squares quilt design.
I meandered this one (which was fun because I hadn’t done it in forever!) and used a darker teal for the binding. It makes a wonderful baby/toddler quilt for either a girl or a boy, and is listed in the shop now!