bindings!

Well, I didn’t get around to making any quilt backs this weekend, though I did surprise myself and managed to get two small quilts quilted – yay!

So I’m hoping to spend some time this week sewing these bindings on these quilts. Although, now that my new bedtime is oh, right around 8 pm, I’m going to have to find some other time for a little hand sewing!

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to bindings!

Debbie says:

Love this stage in the process! And to have TWO bindings to put on – what a treat!

randi says:

babies make for an early bedtime, don’t they? hope you can find some time soon! :)

Jen says:

That’s my bedtime too… And I don’t have your excuse!

K says:

I always save hand binding for road trips–such a great way to pass the time in the car and do something productive when you really can’t do much else.

Suzanne says:

Pretty bindings to look at!

Emily says:

I don’t know about you but I HATE binding. I have a stack of quilts that have been quilted and all they need is their bindings put on. I think I need to hire someone just to bind for me! :o) Good luck getting them done. If I was in your shoes I would want to spend too much time snuggling that adorable little guy instead of binding quilts.

Theresa says:

How about after that 5am feed when it seems too silly to go back to bed because it’s suddenly become 6am/get up time!

LeAnn Frobom says:

I like binding, too — the finishing touch. And I find the process of hand sewing meditative. I have one quilt to bind–maybe in a couple of weeks. Busy time!

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

allie says:

do you have any tutorials on binding? I’m coming up on my first finished quilt and not sure about the binding part! thanks!