6 weeks!

Can you believe this guy’s 6 weeks old already? I sure can’t!

Lately he’s been enjoying lots of floor time – I’ve had a chance to pull out all his quilts (as I was warned, babies are messy, so these quilts get changed out quite frequently!). It’s fun to see some of my first quilts – like the one he’s laying on above. In fact, seeing this quilt makes me want to give this design a try again!

I pulled out some fabrics in fun colors and I’m hoping this weekend will find me working on some half square triangles.

Hope you have something fun to work on this weekend!

This entry was posted in baby, Fabric and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to 6 weeks!

Marty says:

Your baby is so cute. He seems to me to be very alert and engaging for only 6 weeks. It’s been a long time for me with a 6 week old, maybe i’m just not remembering.

Oh my goodness, he’s so adorable! And he still has that amazing hair – what a little cutie!

Amber H says:

Oh, I know the wonder of having a tiny little person in your life that’s half you and half your husband never gets old. I’m on my third one, and I’m just as in love with him as I was with my oldest daughter.. and of course the sweet middle child of mine. And My little guy is only a week younger than yours!

BTW, I love the head full of hair that Max has.. my little one has a ton of hair, but it’s not as THICK as Max’s hair..

Cristin says:

Gorgeous blue blocks! I’m getting the itch to make my son another quilt too! He loves wrestling with blankets at the moment (14mo old) so I should whip one up for him!

And are you using cloth diapers? Is that a Flip I see on Max? I use the BumGenius AIO and prefolds with covers… love them! ;-)

Steph says:

oh my goodness, he is getting so big! he is adorable Ashley! and I wanted to mention that I was really inspired by your previous post and the summer wardrobe!

Oh my, he is so incredibly beautiful. Suddenly I want white half square triangles too!

Ruth Wright says:

Ashley, your little one is so adorable! So happy that you are enjoying being a mom. Its the best most rewarding (also most tiring) “job” you’ll ever have! Your quilts still inspire me and I love that you still are finding time to stitch and sew. Take care!! Ruth :)

Peggy says:

Oh he has got so big!! He is so cute!! I love these dark eyes.
    I also love the quilt. What pattern did you use?

deborah says:

Your little guy is precious- I love how he’s looking at the camera! Love the quilt, too.

Nicki says:

I really do think there is some sort of peak cuteness that happens at 6 weeks. I mean, they really do stay really, really cute, but gosh, 6 weeks is like, so cute it causes cavities. ;)

Jessica says:

Very cute! I love the photos you’re getting of him!

Linda says:

He is VERY alert and bright-eyed for a 6 week old. And getting more beautiful every day. I love those purple pants he’s wearing!! Love the quilt, too. You and Morgan sure made a great baby…
    8-). One of the Nurse Practitioners that works here had her 4th bundle of joy today. She had 3 girls, and now has a boy! We are all so deliriously happy for them all. I love, love, love babies!

Paige says:

He is darling! My fourteen month old doesn’t have that much hair yet – I love it!

Amy says:

he is just stunning. Love that you are using cloth diapers too!!

Lori says:

Oh my lord! How beautiful is your baby?! His hair gets me every time I see a picture!

Also: thanks for reminding me, I’ve always wanted to try half-square triangles. I think I may give them a go this weekend.

Sally in St. Paul says:

He looks very intelligent.

Cari says:

what I can’t believe is how absolutely beautiful your son is! He’s not just cute he’s gorgeous and looks older than 6 weeks. I love your blog!

Suzanne says:

I pulled out fabric this week too and worked on patchwork quilts. Big 5 inch squares came together quickly. I thought of you as I sewed because the style was similar to yours. Fun! Enjoy your HSTs.

Erica says:

Your baby is ADORABLE! Funny, I’m working with halfsquare triangles too :)Can’t wait to see yours!

Karen says:

Just the cutest little man, you must adore him. I have a 5 month old nephew and i am enjoying watching him grow and yes he drools over the quilts I’ve made him, literally!!!!

Janelle says:

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! My daughter will be 4 months this weekend, it’s amazing how fast they grow!!

efina says:

Me encantan tus trabajos. felicitaciones.
    Saludos