picnic progress…

I have about a quarter of my picnic quilt sewn together. I’ve been finding a few moments to sew every once in a while when Max is asleep in his Moby wrap. I realize I should be taking that time to take a nap myself, or tidy up the house, but as usual, sewing’s been taking precedence!

I’m loving all these bright cheery colors and patterns! I can’t wait until it’s finished — I’m already picturing us hanging out on this quilt this summer!

This entry was posted in baby, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to picnic progress…

Marty says:

Such a simple quilt and so bright and cheerful. I feel a picnic coming on too.

Ruth says:

It looks fantastic already – and of course you have the perfect photo model! Here’s to many picnics in the sun!

Chris says:

The quilt is lovely BUT those toes are something very special!
    Chris x

Jeannette says:

Nah… forget the house. If you don’t take time for yourself, you’ll begin to resent everyone else. One of the things I’ve found hardest with my second baby, is that while I took the advice and napped when he did, I wasn’t getting any creative outlet and I was feeling very frustrated about that. Since I’ve started sewing again, I’ve been feeling a lot better about life in general, even if I am not getting as much sleep.

Jan says:

Beautiful and handsome!

Kenda says:

Love the baby feet…so adorable!

felicity says:

Three cheers for the Moby wrap – it was a sanity saver for me. I loved wearing my baby. And I’m loving how your quilt is coming together.

Lori says:

“Sleep when they sleep” was always a myth for me. SEW SEW SEW, I say!!

Your choices in fabric always make me swoon (though those little legs and toes are a big help with the swooning, too!)

Yay for the moby wrap! The only time I get to do any sewing (currently cutting out Colette Negroni shirt pieces in VERY small chunks of time) is when number two baby is snoozing in the sling.

Love your choice of colours and prints in the picnic quilt – I really need to make something more aesthetically pleasing for chilling in the garden than our current threadbare tartan blanket.

April says:

Haha. My baby is sleeping right now and I thought to myself, “Well, I could sleep, or I could catch up on my blog reading.” You see which one won out. My third option was to get out some hand quilting. But I don’t know if I quite have the energy for that right now. :)

Love the fabrics and colors you’re using.

Wendi says:

The picnic quilt really is quite lovely. I found myself wishing that I had it this weekend in the back yard. Please tell me it is okay to cut into my nice fabric for a picnic quilt.

Also, was trying to use my machine to quilt for the first time. I was SO frustrated with all that fabric. How can it be easier??

Mary says:

I’m having trouble looking at the quilt, that baby is just so sweet!!! :)

Mika says:

Wait, is this connected to a quilt somehow? I’m just blinded by those toes! So adorable!!! Give them lots of kisses and tiny nibbles!

Lizzyg says:

When I found the Moby wrap, i equated it to having a driver’s license! It was such freedom!! I love a cute baby, I have a 9 mo old, and she makes everything better, but it was easier to get knitting and sewing done before she learned to crawl. This picnic blanket is beautiful, someday i’ll have enough scraps to make one too!

Marty says:

I know I already left a comment about the quilt but I had to come back and see those baby toes again. Just yummy

Lindsay says:

I just gotta say, I love, love, LOVE that quilt. If you make another, even if it’s smaller, can I have dibs? I’ll totally pay for it, I swear. Every time you post one for sale in the shop that I like, it’s already gone, and I check your blog every day!!!! Keep up the great work, and give snuggles to Mr. Max for me!

Tamie says:

Love those baby toes.

Marianne says:

I indulged at Joann’s also and was wondering what to make. Maybe I’ll copy.

Rhanda says:

Ohhhh…. baby feet. So cute! And, your quilt is pretty too! :)

Tommy says:

The precious baby takes first and then after counting toes and such I noticed the colorful squares. What a great picture. The quilt will come along, it is hard when they are young as yours. They are young and small for so short a time that you should sleep when your baby does and in months everything about your schedule will change. You might get to sew then!

Melissa says:

Such a beautiful quilt, made all the more beautiful with the baby on top. Congratulations!

23. Pingback: FITF: fancy a picnic? | Film in the Fridge