the last of the strip quilts

I have one final strip quilt to show you (finished before Max was born, but never blogged) — hopefully you’re not too tired of seeing strip quilts! This is the last of the Flea Market Fancy strip series – the first was in green, the second using the blue prints, and this last one using the reds and pinks. I really like the way the red and pink prints go together, especially when paired with a bit of gray and some browns.

There’s also a few complementary basic prints – some Kei dots and a few stripes, as well as a number of coordinating solids in red, pink and brown.

I used a few extra strips for the backing, using a large piece of solid pink and the FMF pink posies along with a couple narrow strips of solids. It’s quilted with straight lines again – this time using a variation on this quilting pattern. The binding is a great solid red.

It measures about 39″ x 55″ and is now listed in the shop!

Notes:
More about strip quilts here.

This entry was posted in Posts about Quilts, Quilts, [search] Strip Quilts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to the last of the strip quilts

K says:

Lovely, the colors look great together. I love the quilting, I will try that with one of my next quilts!

Zarina says:

I just love the color – pink and brown like chocolate.

Ruth says:

Awesome – I love it. I really like the quilting pattern!

Laura says:

sad this is the last one, i love the strip quilts! I know whatever you’ve got coming next will be great though!

Sarah says:

I felt sad when I saw the title of your post.I love your strip quilts.
    Hopefully this is just the end of the Flea market fancy not of strip quilts.

Beth says:

I don’t mind the strip quilts at all…they are all so beautiful! I actually just bought some of the DS fabrics at JoAnn’s with a strip quilt in mind. Hope you are enjoying of your new baby cuddles :)

Jennifer says:

Beautiful quilt and backdrop too! Where is that?

MJ says:

I must tell you that your blog is my new addiction. Congrats on the new addition to your family, he’s the sweetest little muffin

stephanie says:

I LOVE your strip quilts. I’ve made a couple of my own, thanks to your tutorial. (I’m snuggled up with one right now!!!)
    Good luck with your new little one, and can’t wait to see what you’ll get up to next.

Terri says:

I love it! I adore the color combo of browns with reds and pinks, like neopolitan ice cream.

tusen says:

I never tire of seeing your strip quilts, so I hope it’s not going to be the last :)

elsa says:

lovely quilt and never get tired of anything you share!

Shannon F says:

I am definitely now tired of the strip quilts! I actually just used your tutorial day before yesterday to make my very first one! :D

Janice says:

I love all your strip quilts so much! I really want to make one, but I need to buy something other than fat quarters first! I have 1/2 yards of the DS Quilts Fabric, so maybe that will be what I use.

Rachel says:

Gorgeous! I’m sad it’s the last, I hope they come back in the future.

Lillian Wan says:

Hi there Ashley-
    I just ordered some Anna Maria Horner Little Folks voile- 1/2 yards of about 10 different colors. I have never worked with this fabric and am excited to get it. I’m trying to decide between making a strip quilt or patchwork square quilt (or maybe both eventually). I read another blog about the voile not holding up well in the wash and one of the seams ripping. How have your voile quilts held up in the wash? I’m also thinking about blacking with the Anne Maria Horner flannel. Have you backed with that before?

best,