quilts for the baby

He’s not even here yet, but he’s already got quite a stack of quilts waiting for him!

Many of these are quilts I made when I first started quilting. (I’m sure the baby won’t notice that the quilting on some of them may not be as nice as it could be!) Up until now, they’ve been stored in a closet — it’s nice to pull them out and get to see them on a daily basis!

(it also reminds me that perhaps I should not make any additional quilts for the baby!)

This entry was posted in baby, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to quilts for the baby

summerfete says:

One can never have too many quilts!

Linda says:

I am thinking this little guy is definitely going to be warm enough! Lovely stack of quilts!!

tammie says:

that little guy is going to be so blessed and warm.

Jessica says:

That’s quite a stack! and one lucky baby. It’s nice to have them out in one area to savor!

tara says:

Wow! And I thought my baby has a lot of quilts but the tally is only up to 5.

Norma says:

that’s silly, you can never have too many quilts :p

That is one lucky baby for sure!

Meg in CT says:

Holy wow, Ashley. That is going to be the warmest, snuggliest baby ever! Not to mention, he is going to have super styling quilt forts when he’s older!

I think you have the luckiest baby ever! He is going to love all of those quilts!

LauraJ says:

Now you’ll have to start a toddler stack, then a twin-size stack. I don’t see you giving up quilting for a while. :)

ellesquare says:

and that mod bento quilt is still one of my favorites.

Greta says:

OMG! I am so relieved you didn’t just whip all of these up since becoming pregnant. I was beginning to feel really SLOW. Now, I am just very happy for your baby. :)

Lisa says:

what a beautiful picture! so refreshing for a spring-like day. I think I’ll pull out all my favorite baby quilts from past babies and wash them up today, to get ready for a new baby in our house coming soon too!

Andrea C says:

what a lucky baby!!

Lindsay says:

What a lucky little baby. One can never be too warm :)

Flying Blind says:

That is going to be one lucky, cozy boy!

andi says:

Lucky little boy!!!
    You don’t want to save any for baby #2? If you give all these to #1, you’ll have a lot of work to keep things fair for subsequent bubbas!!

Sara says:

It’s the story of the prince and the pean the making! Very happy for you, Ashley!

Sara says:

Darned iPhone! That was Prince and the Pea!!

Carla says:

Well, you will find that babies love to play on the floor, so keep a few in each room to lay him on. He’s going to be so smart from all the colorful stimulation he’ll get!!

Jo says:

That is a LOT of baby quilts! At least if he’s the sort of baby to bring up his milk you’ll never be short of a clean quilt to put him on! And there was me debating whether making a third quilt would be excessive for baby number two…

Beth says:

I am so jealous of your baby’s stack of quilts…he is already one lucky little guy!!!

emma says:

Well…you do live in a cold climate.
    It’s best to be prepared.

that’s gonna be one very cozy kid!!

Nikki says:

Oh my gosh. My daugher had 7 quilts before she as born and I thought that was a lot! You win. ;)

jill says:

ah well, you just won’t need to buy many receiving blankets. And you’ll be amazed at how messy tiny babies are, he might actually make his way through all of them if he’s a particularly spitt-uppy kind of guy.

jill says:

oh yeah,and gorgeous stack, by the way.

Rae says:

At one point I would have disagreed (after my baby showers, before the baby actually arrived), but now with two babies under my belt I feel I can make the following statement with confidence: you can never ever have too many baby quilts!

They’re gorgeous! Hope you’re feeling great! :)

randi says:

you are gonna have one cozy baby! :)

virginia says:

what a beautiful stack! and you’ll be all ready in case you have more kiddos and not so much time to quilt :)

Fiona Myers says:

That is a great body of work! I am struck by how flat they are- admittedly mine are mostly big – but I am wondering what batting you use. My apologies if you have mentioned this before! Many thanks, F And great news about your baby!!

Angela says:

mmmm, that is a pile of loveliness! Good thing you live in a cold area. :)

Annie Wynen says:

I think that making a quilt is another way of saying “I love you” – you can never have enough for a baby!

Kerstin says:

What a lucky baby! All those quilts and the Quick Change Trousers… :-)

Kerstin says:

What a lucky baby! All those quilts AND the Quick Change Trousers…

Jenny says:

Just start making quilts to fit his next bed. You can always make a couple of twin, a couple of full or queen size and goodness gracious even a king size. What a beautiful stack of quilts!

Lisa LeBlanc says:

Hi, love the baby quilts..and all of your quilts for that matter! Do you really baste without pins??? Where do you spray baste your quilts..outside? Have you done a tutorial for this or do you have any pointers for me? I would love to spray baste only and have seen/heard others that only do this as well and would like to find out how. Thanks, Lisa in Texas

Wendy Ladd says:

Your little guy won’t need clothes as long as he’s wrapped in one of those little goodies and snuggled up close to you :) Which one is going to hospital with you???
    Hope you’re feel great! Wendy, TheFabricQuarter.com

Tiffany says:

You’ll need a rotation … dirty, in the wash, in the dryer, clean, and then in use!!!

Chrystie DeSmet says:

Adorable quilts! I’m wanting to make one of these strip quilts. I’m very much a beginer! I’ve winged 3 small baby size quilts, but really don’t know what I’m doing. This strip type looks pretty simple. What I really don’t know how to do is the edging. Any tips on that?