more greenfield hill blocks!

I’m still plugging away at these blocks, and I’m getting kind of excited about what the finished quilt might look like!

It’s been kind of fun to work with fabrics that are not my typical go-to colors. My challenge with these blocks have been to brighten them up a bit – even though the fabrics in the Greenfield Hill line are on the darker side, I think they can be combined in such a way (by adding in a few additional prints) to make a brighter, lighter set of blocks.

We’ll see how it turns out once I get them all finished!

We’re currently in the midst of that big snowstorm that’s hitting so many states. As much as I’d love for this to be an unexpected mid-week day off (perfect for sewing!), unfortunately working from home means no snow day for me… but I hope that those of you stuck indoors have some projects on hand to keep you busy!

Previous post about this quilt can be found here.

This entry was posted in Fabric, Quilt Blocks and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to more greenfield hill blocks!

Rags to Bags says:

I love these ‘wonky’ blocks. Adds a bit of fun & interest. Loving the fabrics too. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Judith

elsa says:

I love this line of fabric and have been undecided as to whether to purchase it.
    After seeing your blocks I think I need to.
    Thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful projects!

Beth says:

I am liking this line more and more thanks to your blocks! Beautiful!

Lourdes says:

I love the way you combine colours and your designs, simple but just so beautiful. Even when you choose fabrics I don’t like very much, you get incredible results. Congratulations.

nicke cutler says:

oh me oh my! beautiful!

nicke cutler says:

could you tell me what fabric you used in the last block… the white and black grid pattern? i am in love with it!

Terri says:

Love how these blocks are turning out, especially the greys and whites with the prints.

Lana says:

Just remember…I have put my “dibs” on this one if it goes to the shop!!!!

Fran says:

I really like the mixing of geometrics with small and large scale florals. Keeps the eye moving.

Ellen says:

These green blocks are fantastic! I have a self-imposed stash rule that limits my fabric purchases to only green and yellow, so these are a big inspiration for me. Thanks!

amy says:

what are these blocks sitting on? kinda looks like fish rocks!

I love these blocks, beautiful as always. I also love love love the rug that you have them on!

14. Pingback: FITF: A smattering of Greenfield Hill | Film in the Fridge