a rainbow of fabrics

I’m totally enamored with these fabrics! I stumbled upon them several months ago while browsing Etsy, and finally decided to splurge and buy myself a little present. They are lovely hand printed fabrics by the talented Hitomi. She resides in Japan, and creates these brightly hued prints on a variety of base fabrics.

For now, I’ve just been arranging and rearranging them in different orders, but at some point I’m going to break down and chop them up for use in a quilt. Something bright and spring-like is a definite necessity right now. With temperatures much below zero for the past several days, I for one am certainly dreaming of spring!

You can find Hitomi’s hand printed fabrics in her Etsy shop, Kalla.

This entry was posted in Fabric and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to a rainbow of fabrics

carrie says:

oh my god…. you just killed any hopes for my ever having a savings account. hehe!

Fran says:

Such a wonderful range of colours. Can’t wait to see what it becomes in your hands.

I know! I’ve favorited her before on Etsy. Such lovely work!

Jo says:

Wow, what a lovely rainbow! Can’t wait to see what they turn into, maybe they’ll inspire spring to think about showing up…

Krystal muller says:

When you browse sites, find fabric, fall in love, and order some for your stash, how much do you buy? I find prints I love all the time and never know how much to order. I never have a specific quilt pattern in mind so I never have measurements to go off of. I just want to order enough so I could use it in a quilt later if I wanted to.

You must have the most amazing stash :)

Kate Conklin says:

Wow, that fabric is amazing! You’ll be able to create something stunning with it.

randi says:

so pretty! it really is like a rainbow!

Munaiba says:

Hi Ashley
    I too was snared by these beautiful fabrics and Hitomi is so lovely. You can see some of the blocks I have started here and here.

Grazia says:

Wow!!! An excellent purchase…I love those fabrics!
    Grazia

Tracy says:

These are all lovely fabrics ~ but what I’ve really been hoping to see lately, is a belly shot…. please??

15. Pingback: FITF: fabric storage baskets | Film in the Fridge