a little more echino

It’s a good thing that I don’t make resolutions, since I imagine that one of them would be something along the lines of ‘(try to) finish one quilt before starting another’. And if that were the case, then I would have already broken said resolution. This week alone I’ve jumped from quilt to quilt, and even though there are a couple that I’d really like to see finished, I found myself grabbing my Echino fabrics to make up a few simple blocks.

These fabrics really make me happy. I love the bright colors, and I really love how they look all together. I decided to make up simple quarter log cabin blocks – it’s a design I’ve wanted to make for a while, and I think it will be a fun one with these colorful prints. (Chaotic, yes, but hopefully in a good way!)

So this is probably where you’ll find me this weekend – combining some of my favorite prints into these colorful blocks. (And I’m going to try my best to continue working to finish those other quilts!)

This entry was posted in Fabric, Posts about Quilts and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to a little more echino

randi says:

i am loving those blocks. looking forward to seeing what they turn into!

Lisa says:

I have that problem myself… in general, I tend to be more of a starter than a finisher, but sometimes I rally and complete a bunch of things. I love the bright colors too!

Deedrie says:

Yesterday, I decided that I was finally going to start cutting up my echino this weekend. Must be something in the air :)

Jennie says:

The blocks are looking awesome!! I’m so jealous of your echino stash. :)

elsa says:

really like these. I love the echino fabric and sometimes come up with a blank as to what to do with it.
    thanks for sharing these blocks. they look great and now I’m not so blank!

Angie says:

I don’t see anything wrong by jumping from one quilt to the next….it make the quilting process more exciting to always be working on many quilts, all at different stages.

Lana says:

I am like you, I start several at a time! Hey, I have a question…do you quilt all these or send them out?

• 10
      ashley says:

I quilt them all at home. I have a slightly larger quilting machine, so it does make it a bit easier than doing them all on a regular size machine. (though I do all straight line quilting on my regular machine).

Heather Bechtold says:

i just wanted to say you inspire me soooooo very much!!! i’m working on (actually copying) some of your quilts. i LOVE your style. thanks for putting your stuff out there. you are really talented. i wouldn’t be able to keep that resolution either. it’s sooooo fun to start something new!!!:) this way you have a lot of quilts in the different processes and you don’t get bored! have a great day!!

Why have I not seen quarter log cabins before? Looks fun!

Allison says:

Love the fabric! Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s finished.

Only now after looking at what your doing with the fabric – I really like the echino fabric! lots together and in the log cabin :)

You can never have enough Echino….

Susan Snooks says:

The little graphic details are wonderful, aren’t they! Pity I don’t own any! Boo hoo!

Jackie says:

To me, try to finish means progress towards finishing. I’m certain you’ll do some of that this year! LOVE the blocks!

Jennwith4 says:

Yes, I’m the one who made the resolution to finish the WIPs before starting a new quilt. So far I’ve been good. Not being able to visit the LQS helps.

These blocks are perfect for the echino fabrics. So, so adorable!

Sara says:

So beautiful! I wish I had enough Echino in my stash to make a quilt, but they’re so expensive!

Mary Margaret says:

I can’t wait to see more Echino blocks! I can’t ever have just one project either!

Fran says:

These blocks are so attractive.

Questions: What kind of quilting machine do you use?

Would you kindly explain the reason you chose this name for your site?